Seasoning the NewAir CC-100H CC-300 with Boveda - Page 2 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 Old 01-26-2019, 08:55 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffcor90 View Post
So after I wipe all the wood down, wait for it to dry before putting it back in? or can I put it in before ? I'll be putting 69% into mine

It will dry in 30 minutes. Dont wet it just a damp sponge and cover all the wood well so it can soak up the Humidity.

US Army Veteran 1974-1985
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 Old 01-26-2019, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Newbie in the ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForMud View Post
You're going with this as you're second post on here?...….Nice.
LOL get over it dude.
post #13 of 19 Old 01-26-2019, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Newbie in the ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olecharlie View Post
It will dry in 30 minutes. Dont wet it just a damp sponge and cover all the wood well so it can soak up the Humidity.
ok cool, thanks a lot dude

post #14 of 19 Old 01-26-2019, 09:52 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffcor90 View Post
i posted this question at the same time on every site, what are you the forum police? Didnt know it bothers you that much

Seasoning the NewAir CC-100H CC-300 with Boveda-facepalm.jpeg
ForMud likes this.

I don't know what I don't know.
post #15 of 19 Old 01-27-2019, 12:31 AM
Just monkeyin' around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scap View Post
Depends on how many forms your ask this question on...

You were given great advice on the other...and Curmudgeonista gave you the same exact advice here.
Quote:
I posted this question at the same time on every site, what are you the forum police? didnt know it bothers you that much
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForMud View Post
You're going with this as you're second post on here?...….Nice.
Quote:
LOL get over it dude.
@Jeffcor90 - It is considered bad form to scatter-shot a bunch of forums with the same question, especially in a niche category like cigars. There are lots of the same people on multiple forums. Not every Noob is going to know that, so it's forgivable. But, and this is a big BUT, the answer to being called down on it that will serve you better is something like "Sorry, I didn't realize I shouldn't do that" or " Sorry, I did not mean to offend anyone." or at least " I didn't know how active these forums would be or if I'd even get a single answer on any one of them. So I figured I needed to hedge my bets. Now I know."

But to hit us back with attitude? Really bad form. And it is "us" you're giving lip to, not just one lone guy. Ya' see, there's a lot of people willing and able to answer your questions. And when they do it is "us" trying to help you. We're not just some sort of mysterious assemblage of disembodied spirits. We are a community of real people. So just as advice given is in essence "us" trying to help you, when you toss out insults you insult all of "us".

Now would be a good time to make amends. Or, I guess, a good time to take your questions elsewhere. Gotta' tell you though, reputations do tend to follow you around and you've no doubt noticed already that some of the same eyes are on you when you go on other cigar forums too.

Oh, and BTW, I am the "forum police" around this one. We call 'em moderators. I'm also one of the guys who tried to help you. And I'm trying to help you now too.
bpegler, Scap, UBC03 and 3 others like this.

I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time. - Mark Twain
post #16 of 19 Old 01-27-2019, 04:19 AM Thread Starter
Newbie in the ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by curmudgeonista View Post
@Jeffcor90 - It is considered bad form to scatter-shot a bunch of forums with the same question, especially in a niche category like cigars. There are lots of the same people on multiple forums. Not every Noob is going to know that, so it's forgivable. But, and this is a big BUT, the answer to being called down on it that will serve you better is something like "Sorry, I didn't realize I shouldn't do that" or " Sorry, I did not mean to offend anyone." or at least " I didn't know how active these forums would be or if I'd even get a single answer on any one of them. So I figured I needed to hedge my bets. Now I know."

But to hit us back with attitude? Really bad form. And it is "us" you're giving lip to, not just one lone guy. Ya' see, there's a lot of people willing and able to answer your questions. And when they do it is "us" trying to help you. We're not just some sort of mysterious assemblage of disembodied spirits. We are a community of real people. So just as advice given is in essence "us" trying to help you, when you toss out insults you insult all of "us".

Now would be a good time to make amends. Or, I guess, a good time to take your questions elsewhere. Gotta' tell you though, reputations do tend to follow you around and you've no doubt noticed already that some of the same eyes are on you when you go on other cigar forums too.

Oh, and BTW, I am the "forum police" around this one. We call 'em moderators. I'm also one of the guys who tried to help you. And I'm trying to help you now too.
nah yall just sound sensitive. do what you gotta do, i didnt break any rules, just your feelings i guess
post #17 of 19 Old 01-27-2019, 09:07 AM
CAT WRANGLER

Quote:
nah yall just sound sensitive. do what you gotta do, i didnt break any rules, just your feelings i guess
Is it so hard to say "my bad, sorry bout that" . You sound like my kids. They won't admit being wrong either. UNTIL THEY NEED SOMETHING.. if you're asking seasoning questions, then YOU ARE gonna need help again in the future.

Just a bit of advice from a FOG. Alot of these people are on ALOT of forums. The reputation you build on one WILL follow you to others. They've given you sound advice and two chances to at least act like you appreciate the help. "SORRY BOUT THAT" and a "THANKS FOR THE HELP" goes a long way around here and in life in general.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
post #18 of 19 Old 01-27-2019, 12:05 PM
Just monkeyin' around!

Quote:
Do you really want to tell me about our rules? Here's one for ya"...

3. Users shall treat each other with respect at all times on Puff.com. Ideas and opinions may be challenged, but name calling, personal attacks, or other inappropriate behavior will not be allowed and may cause your account to be banned.

https://www.puff.com/forums/vb/cigar...ity-rules.html

What that means is: Don't be a jerk or you're outta' here!

For the time being, I think some negative RG will take care of it, though. Anyone want to lend a hand with that? I did my part.
bpegler likes this.

I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time. - Mark Twain
post #19 of 19 Old 01-27-2019, 12:34 PM
Puffer Fish with many spikes

Quote:
LOL get over it dude.

Nothing to get over....I deal with this kinda attitude all the time. I've been in the construction field for 30+ years and people acting this way don't last very long...But of coarse it's a lot easier when your hidden behind a keyboard, in real life it's a whole lot different...As I'm sure you already know by now.
Good luck.
bpegler and curmudgeonista like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page