Lurking on this side - Page 2 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 Old 01-19-2018, 11:48 AM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBrody15 View Post
You also donít need any kind of complicated storage or humidity control, just a box, cabinet, or small warehouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't forget ball jars!!

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
Piper, JohnBrody15 and GOT14U like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 Old 01-19-2018, 02:59 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtAv8tor View Post
One day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I stroked on over. I absolutely love it.

I really like Briars and they can be found for as little as $30 and very good Pipes. When I first came over I bought some ďreal Briars,Ē from pipesandcigars dot com and they were great to start with. I bought a few Cobbs as they are budget friendly as well. So are Mr. Brogís off Amazon but these are Polish made from pear tree root wood.

Any choice is good. We could all pitch in with some favorite tobaccos. All you need to do is watch a couple YouTube videos on how to pack, light up and then you start smoking. It takes a few weeks to improve your technique, but itís so rewarding. I love all the different choices with tobaccos as well as blending. Truly much more economical than cigars, although I still enjoy cigars, itís just a different way to appreciate the tobacco leaf.

Cigars seem to need a 40+ minute time commitment, and while you can smoke smaller bowls and have great experiences, I find 30-45 minutes are perfect.

Iíve met some local guys who pipe as well as smoke cigars, but in Winter it seems Pipes are kings.

I love snagging an inexpensive estate pipe from one of the few vendors we all love like smokingpipes dot com, tobaccopipes dot com or even P&C. No reason you need more than 2 pipes to really get started.

Itís a gentle learning curve. Itís tons of fun too. Great people on this side that also puff on cigars as well.

Once you start and you pass over a couple frustrating moments you will really appreciate how good Smoking a pipe rally is. So amazingly satisfying.

Piper and JohnBrody15 like this.

El Gringo Alto y El fumador de muchos pudos! -my Nica description.
post #13 of 20 Old 01-19-2018, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne InHand View Post

I really like Briars and they can be found for as little as $30 and very good Pipes. When I first came over I bought some ďreal Briars,Ē from pipesandcigars dot com and they were great to start with. I bought a few Cobbs as they are budget friendly as well. So are Mr. Brogís off Amazon but these are Polish made from pear tree root wood.

Any choice is good. We could all pitch in with some favorite tobaccos. All you need to do is watch a couple YouTube videos on how to pack, light up and then you start smoking. It takes a few weeks to improve your technique, but itís so rewarding. I love all the different choices with tobaccos as well as blending. Truly much more economical than cigars, although I still enjoy cigars, itís just a different way to appreciate the tobacco leaf.

Cigars seem to need a 40+ minute time commitment, and while you can smoke smaller bowls and have great experiences, I find 30-45 minutes are perfect.

Iíve met some local guys who pipe as well as smoke cigars, but in Winter it seems Pipes are kings.

I love snagging an inexpensive estate pipe from one of the few vendors we all love like smokingpipes dot com, tobaccopipes dot com or even P&C. No reason you need more than 2 pipes to really get started.

Itís a gentle learning curve. Itís tons of fun too. Great people on this side that also puff on cigars as well.

Once you start and you pass over a couple frustrating moments you will really appreciate how good Smoking a pipe rally is. So amazingly satisfying.

Thanks for the advice! Iím on the hunt already!

Piper and Champagne InHand like this.

This is NOT a message board where you come to leave your matzah balls hanging out and then walk around with an entitled attitude. Cigary 2018

post #14 of 20 Old 01-19-2018, 03:59 PM
Dark Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne InHand View Post

See there @bobbya08 one day you too will cave to the pipe side

Piper likes this.

I am not dying until I am damn good and ready.
post #15 of 20 Old 01-19-2018, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Ya @bobbya08 don't fight it....in brace it! damn rough necks always gotta be difficult!
Piper and bobbya08 like this.

This is NOT a message board where you come to leave your matzah balls hanging out and then walk around with an entitled attitude. Cigary 2018
post #16 of 20 Old 01-19-2018, 04:20 PM
Super Duper Puffer Fish

Quote:

Nope

Piper and GOT14U like this.
post #17 of 20 Old 01-20-2018, 04:42 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

@GOT14U, I'm so glad to see you dipping your toe in the pipe world. Pipes are a great complement to cigars and are a delight when you can't go outside to smoke.

I agree with all the great advice you've been given: cobs, bic, YouTube, Czech tool, etc. But as @Champagne InHand says, a very nice briar does not have to be expensive and there is something very satisfying about the look and feel of a briar pipe. Estate pipes from reputable sites like smokingpipes.com are the best deals in briars and some of them are even unsmoked.

Many of us started with accessible aromatics, like Captain Black White, but as an experienced cigar smoker you may be able to handle VaPers and English blends sooner than most.
post #18 of 20 Old 01-20-2018, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper View Post
@GOT14U, I'm so glad to see you dipping your toe in the pipe world. Pipes are a great complement to cigars and are a delight when you can't go outside to smoke.

I agree with all the great advice you've been given: cobs, bic, YouTube, Czech tool, etc. But as @Champagne InHand says, a very nice briar does not have to be expensive and there is something very satisfying about the look and feel of a briar pipe. Estate pipes from reputable sites like smokingpipes.com are the best deals in briars and some of them are even unsmoked.

Many of us started with accessible aromatics, like Captain Black White, but as an experienced cigar smoker you may be able to handle VaPers and English blends sooner than most.

Thanks for even more info...I got hung up and havenít got to go get anything yet but itís on the short list....

Piper and Champagne InHand like this.

post #19 of 20 Old 01-20-2018, 05:21 PM
Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Welcome to the pipe side Jerod!

Hey lookee here, I have your addy too.

Ditto on the jars - little ones you can so you can smoke through it in a timely fashion when you get them out of storage.
post #20 of 20 Old 02-01-2018, 09:12 PM
Puffer Fish with many spikes

Quote:

When I lose are Super Bowl bet, he's getting one. Like it or not. Probably some baccy to go along with it too.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

[Insert clever signature here]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page