Am i in the right place? - Page 3 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 67Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 22 Old 02-23-2018, 07:47 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper View Post
Welcome to the pipe side of the street. As with cigar smoking, there is a learning curve with pipe smoking, both in perfecting the technique and in recognizing and appreciating different blends. But it's not rocket science. If you were patient and trusted your own reactions, you'd get there just by trial and error. Luckily, you have guys here who can help you speed up the process.

The thing I like about MuttnChop Piper is that he gives detailed advice, but humbly. (BTW, @ebnash's description is hilariously accurate.) If you want a very good discussion of tobacco blends, check out Bradley at Stuff and Things. He makes me chuckle every time I watch him. And pipe smoking is supposed to be fun.
Plus one for stuff and things. Great reviews. I'd say that when I'm looking for blends I look for his reviews and @JimInks reviews.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
Piper, blackrabbit and huffer33 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 22 Old 03-01-2018, 10:42 AM
Leading Puffer Fish

Welcome to the other side! BTW I also picked up two pipes from Matt!

Personally I never cared for infused cigars, so I just didn't want to go that route with pipe tobacco. And I'm so glad I didn't. Started with Dunhill and My Mixture 965 and I loved it, but the tin note scared me a little. Video blogs mentioned are phenomenal IMO. Especially for us noobs.
Piper likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page