Cigar guy buys a pipe - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 58Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 Old 07-08-2018, 04:04 AM Thread Starter
likes me some maddies

Cigar guy buys a pipe

Just bought my first pipe yesterday, and got basic instruction from the proprietor.

Much to learn. Off to the how-to forum I go!
Piper, Gumby-cr, Rondo and 3 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 07-08-2018, 07:24 AM
No longer a community member.

Got my first one last month. Enjoy it. Its a whole new world.

"By the cigars they smoke and the composers they enjoy, ye shall know the texture of men's souls." - John Galsworthy
Piper likes this.
post #3 of 29 Old 07-08-2018, 09:45 AM
Retired Chaos Designer

Welcome, Welcome, come on in!
JohnnyFlake and Piper like this.

If I see a stick that made a noob nic sick,I put it on my list as a must try. (UBC03)

post #4 of 29 Old 07-08-2018, 09:48 AM
CAT WRANGLER

Welcome

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Piper likes this.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
post #5 of 29 Old 07-08-2018, 12:07 PM
An Old Retired Wiseguy!

Send a message via Yahoo to JohnnyFlake
Welcome!

What did you buy as your starter?
Piper and OneStrangeOne like this.
post #6 of 29 Old 07-08-2018, 12:33 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Welcome to the pipe side of the forum. Pipes are a great complement to cigars. They're especially welcome during the winter when you can't go outside to smoke. There are great instructional videos on YouTube but pipe smoking is not really that complicated.
post #7 of 29 Old 07-08-2018, 01:01 PM
Puffer Fish with many spikes

Welcome to the wonderful world of pipes! There are a lot of amazing blends and fantastic pipes out there to discover.
JohnnyFlake and Piper like this.
post #8 of 29 Old 07-08-2018, 02:38 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

yeah I recently got back into pipes...say goodbye to ur paychecks!!! lots to choose from with cigars but there's so many more choices in the pipe realm from blends to pipe styles etc...its fun man enjoy the journey
Piper likes this.
post #9 of 29 Old 07-08-2018, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
likes me some maddies

It's a Bari just like this one I found a pic of online:
http://www.talkingtobacco.com/wp-con...15/02/bari.jpg

...and I mean JUST like, right down to every facet the uneven "cut" edge. Which disappoints me a little, because I thought it was made from a real block of wood, not cast out of some composite material. Oh well.

It was among dozens from a collection the B&M had acquired. Paid 55, was told it was worth three times that. But what do I know.

After taking a whiff of the various tobaccos they had, they made me a blend that I enjoy just opening the container, much less smoking it. I knew for a few seconds what the ingredients were, but they went out of my head. Next time I'm there I'll figure it out.

Gotta say one reason I got into this was to have a way of repurposing damaged cigars. I already shredded one such stick and mixed it in.

There's always more to a new hobby than you expect, and you get to see how far the hole you think you might ever go. Was told about some guys having a different pipe for every blend they like, due to the cake, and yeah, I don't think I'll ever go that far. I don't segregate my different cigar varieties in my humi either, so I have no problem with a little flavor blending.

My buddy said my midlife crisis must be over, because there's nothing more "old man" than a pipe. LOL
Jankjr, Piper, Gumby-cr and 1 others like this.
post #10 of 29 Old 07-08-2018, 06:47 PM
Retired Chaos Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadwell View Post
It's a Bari just like this one I found a pic of online:
http://www.talkingtobacco.com/wp-con...15/02/bari.jpg

...and I mean JUST like, right down to every facet the uneven "cut" edge. Which disappoints me a little, because I thought it was made from a real block of wood, not cast out of some composite material. Oh well.

It was among dozens from a collection the B&M had acquired. Paid 55, was told it was worth three times that. But what do I know.

After taking a whiff of the various tobaccos they had, they made me a blend that I enjoy just opening the container, much less smoking it. I knew for a few seconds what the ingredients were, but they went out of my head. Next time I'm there I'll figure it out.

Gotta say one reason I got into this was to have a way of repurposing damaged cigars. I already shredded one such stick and mixed it in.

There's always more to a new hobby than you expect, and you get to see how far the hole you think you might ever go. Was told about some guys having a different pipe for every blend they like, due to the cake, and yeah, I don't think I'll ever go that far. I don't segregate my different cigar varieties in my humi either, so I have no problem with a little flavor blending.

My buddy said my midlife crisis must be over, because there's nothing more "old man" than a pipe. LOL
Could very well be a pic of the pipe you ended up buying! It is Briar, the basic info is available https://pipedia.org/wiki/Bari
Iím thinking you did okay, especially for a first pipe 👍👍👍
Piper likes this.

If I see a stick that made a noob nic sick,I put it on my list as a must try. (UBC03)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page