Cigar/ Cigarette smoker - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 11-19-2019, 03:35 AM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Cigar/ Cigarette smoker

Been on the forum for about a month or so. Have been getting wonderful advice from the cigar smokers on the other end of the forum. Im just a curious person who has a habit of spending too much money on stuff i dont need. Coming over to this side of the forums so see what everyone is up to and potentially purchase my first pipe. Tho i may have to hide it from my wife. Shes not very big into cigar/pipe smoke. Haha.
Fusion and jmt8706 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 11-19-2019, 04:38 AM
CAT WRANGLER

Little advice from the been there done that club.. Don't hide anything. They're WAY SMARTER THAN US. SHE WILL CATCH ON .I GUARANTEE IT. We consider these little white lies, trying to save an argument by hiding our shipments, THEY DON'T..

Sent from ... hey Jon, where's my damn sandwich
Rondo, Fusion and swmalone78 like this.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
post #3 of 11 Old 11-19-2019, 04:49 AM
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

For less than $10 you can get a Missouri Meerschaum corn cob pipe. They are tough little buggers, and a good beginner pipe. I would use that to start off, then get a better one as you get more experience.
OneStrangeOne and Fusion like this.

"Kerosene is fuel Brian, Red Bull is fuel. Kerosene is Red Bull." ~ Peter Griffin

post #4 of 11 Old 11-19-2019, 05:05 AM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBC03 View Post
Little advice from the been there done that club.. Don't hide anything. They're WAY SMARTER THAN US. SHE WILL CATCH ON .I GUARANTEE IT. We consider these little white lies, trying to save an argument by hiding our shipments, THEY DON'T..

Sent from ... hey Jon, where's my damn sandwich
Oh I know. I wasnt going to be able to hide the smell from her even if i tired. We tried quitting smoking cigarettes a few years back and i thought id be sneaky and smoke while i was at work. She could smell it on me before i even stepped foot in the house. Ive learned to never try to hide anything from her. Very hard this time of the year when there are a lot of packages coming to the house to hide anything holiday related.
Fusion likes this.
post #5 of 11 Old 11-19-2019, 05:09 AM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmt8706 View Post
For less than $10 you can get a Missouri Meerschaum corn cob pipe. They are tough little buggers, and a good beginner pipe. I would use that to start off, then get a better one as you get more experience.
I have been looking at those. Im thinking I may wait a bit and get a set of the "Seconds" from a website once they are back in stock. I dont need anything fancy or expensive. Tho I have no idea what kind of tobacco to get or what would be a good place to start. Hell i dont even know how to smoke a pipe to be perfectly honest. Like i said, Im curious like learning new things.
OneStrangeOne and Fusion like this.
post #6 of 11 Old 11-19-2019, 05:12 AM
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adarus21 View Post
I have been looking at those. Im thinking I may wait a bit and get a set of the "Seconds" from a website once they are back in stock. I dont need anything fancy or expensive. Tho I have no idea what kind of tobacco to get or what would be a good place to start. Hell i dont even know how to smoke a pipe to be perfectly honest. Like i said, Im curious like learning new things.
The pipe section here is a good place to read. I'm still learning myself as well.
Fusion likes this.

"Kerosene is fuel Brian, Red Bull is fuel. Kerosene is Red Bull." ~ Peter Griffin
post #7 of 11 Old 11-19-2019, 08:30 AM
Retired Chaos Designer

Welcome!
Id also recommend starting out with a cob. As for tobacco IMO its a good idea to start with something like Carter Hall, Sir Walther Raleigh or Prince Albert these are blends that are easy on the tongue and burn really well.
Fusion likes this.

If I see a stick that made a noob nic sick,I put it on my list as a must try. (UBC03)
post #8 of 11 Old 11-19-2019, 10:38 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneStrangeOne View Post
Welcome!
Id also recommend starting out with a cob. As for tobacco IMO its a good idea to start with something like Carter Hall, Sir Walther Raleigh or Prince Albert these are blends that are easy on the tongue and burn really well.

This^^ Maybe after a few bowls, if you decide you like the idea of pipe smoking, you could throw in an English blend...get the taste of the latakia. All this can be purchased easily and inexpensively online. Welcome!
Fusion likes this.
post #9 of 11 Old 11-20-2019, 12:27 AM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Welcome to the pipe side, one caution for you, dont do what i did and bought Aromatics to try first, you know, cherry, vanilla, brandy flavors ect, i actually gave up on the pipe first time round because of that.
JohnBrody15 and jmt8706 like this.

I gently bent one each into my nostrils, then put the remaining one in my mouf. --droy1958
post #10 of 11 Old 11-20-2019, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
Welcome to the pipe side, one caution for you, dont do what i did and bought Aromatics to try first, you know, cherry, vanilla, brandy flavors ect, i actually gave up on the pipe first time round because of that.
Good thing to note. I was under the assumption those would be a little easier to smoke being a familiar flavor profile. I will probably wait till i get my overtime and spend a few bucks on something to try out.
Fusion likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page