Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself) - Page 13 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 1824 Old 03-03-2008, 09:40 PM

Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHT View Post
:bn

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 1824 Old 03-03-2008, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
IHT
-

welcome rick.
love the avatar, "WILSON!" <--guessing it's your last name. i've been reading too much of my sherlock holmes books lately.
post #123 of 1824 Old 03-05-2008, 08:18 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Hey there Pipers!

I am new to the pipe and have asked a few questions and gotten some great answers so thanks already.

I have smoked 3 bowls and I feel like I am starting to maybe learn the right way to pack the pipe (I read the FAQ but I still think I was doing it wrong).

Look forward to learning more! p

post #124 of 1824 Old 03-05-2008, 08:22 PM
Granjero del océano

Welcome Rick & Ad, glad you could make it to southern hemisphere of Club Stogie. p

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"aspera! per aspera! per ardua! ad astra!"
post #125 of 1824 Old 03-05-2008, 08:49 PM
Puffer Fish with some spikes

Hey I'm Tyler

You may have seen me kicking around the cigar forums for a little while here, but I'm definitely interested in getting into some pipe smoking, as soon as the weather gets nice and I can save up a bit for the initial investment. (Always a bit steeper up here in Canada)

Thanks for the help from the guys that have already helped me, I look forward to hanging out.

Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? - Douglas Adams
Events of the past, if not forgotten, are teachings about the future - Sima Qian
post #126 of 1824 Old 03-05-2008, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
IHT
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD720 View Post
Hey there Pipers!

I am new to the pipe and have asked a few questions and gotten some great answers so thanks already.

I have smoked 3 bowls and I feel like I am starting to maybe learn the right way to pack the pipe (I read the FAQ but I still think I was doing it wrong).

Look forward to learning more! p
it takes practice. even after you think you have it down pretty good, you can lose it if you don't keep at it.

"To be second guessed, you have to be the first guesser."
post #127 of 1824 Old 03-06-2008, 12:03 PM
I need a beer

Hi Everyone,

I'm a little late in introducing myself as I just jumped right in. My name is Scott and I live on the coast of North Carolina. I have been a cigar smoker for about 11 years and have dabbled in the pipe over those years but have just gotten serious about it over the past 8 months. Much to the chagrin of my wife, I still have a coolidor with over 400 cigars that are sadly being ignored because I'm in love with pipe smoking.

As most of you already know, I'm a big Virginia/Perique fan and dabble in Aromatics and Latakia a little bit.

I compete in triathlons of all distances and have competed in 3 Ironman distance races at Ironman New Zealand, Ironman Florida, and I just competed this past year at the Hawaiian Ironman World Championships in Kona, Hawaii.

I also enjoy surfing, camping, hiking, and cooking

Do Not Fear Death, Fear the Half-Lived Life
post #128 of 1824 Old 03-11-2008, 01:45 AM
Young Puffer Fish

Greetings, my name is Kevin and i'm just getting started in smoking. I'm looking forward to trying different types. Sofar i've only had a limited experience with the flavored realm.

I've been a cigar smoker for 2 years now and love it, but don't have the time to indulge like before. I'm looking forward to learning more, esp. since CS has the most information.
post #129 of 1824 Old 03-18-2008, 03:59 AM
This space owned by Puff.

Hello all, my name is David and have been here on CS for a bit but never crossed over to the pipe yet. Been smoking cigars for over three years and thought I would give it a try.

We recently started a pipe night at the shop where I work. For a few bucks you can try out some of the different tins we have. Also I know nothing at all about pipes and was looking at a few the Amadeus pipes we have. Guess I was just looking for some info about them.

Can't wait to spend more money on another hobby.

Goodbye Louie
post #130 of 1824 Old 03-18-2008, 04:09 AM
Granjero del océano

Welcome David, you'll find plenty of information and encouragement here. Thanks for checking in.p

—Richard

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"aspera! per aspera! per ardua! ad astra!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
forum, introduce, members, pipe, sticky

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page