Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself) - Page 2 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 1824 Old 01-20-2008, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
IHT
-

Re: Pipe Forum - influx of new members?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAjunidog View Post
but I like the new sig anyways

what are you talking about, sig line??

"To be second guessed, you have to be the first guesser."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 1824 Old 01-20-2008, 06:48 PM
Delusions of Grandeur

I've been a gorilla a while now and recently picked up the pipe as a permanent addition to my lifestyle. I've been smoking a pipe off and on for a couple of years for curiosity's sake, but have recently become serious. What better place than where I know others and call them friends.

We almost need an introduce yourself sticky.
IHT - this has recently been discussed, but i (personally) think it's a bad idea. we'd have 7 pages full of "welcome to the CS pipe forum" for 7 intros. i like when ppl give intros, good ones, and don't care if they are anywhere in the pipe forum, even their own seperate threads for everyone, that's cool with me.
i just don't see the use for another sticky - but that's just me, although it's been mentioned a couple times now.

2nd edit: the people have spoken.

As a simple man, I hope for... prosperity for my friends, love from my family, a few ribbons of tobacco, and a cold beer.
post #13 of 1824 Old 01-20-2008, 08:57 PM
Full grown Puffer Fish

I've been here because I started smoking cigars... smoked my first one wayyyyyy to fast (as in why is the world spinning). Therefore, as a result of my blunder, I decided to get help, and ended up here. From there, one of my friends gave me the challange that, "Compared to a cigar, you can never get the taste of a good pipe tobacco." Considered that a challenge, so I pranced over to the pipe forum, learned a bit, bought my first corncob, and then realized that my friend was right. So yea, I got in one little fight, and my mom got scared and said, "You're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air."

Heheheh :bn But seriously, just ended up here because I wanted to learn more about cigars, and ended up smoking a pipe.

I wish to say that I'm not ashamed of anything whatever that I do, and I don't feel that smoking makes me ashamed, and therefore I mean to smoke to the glory of God. - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

post #14 of 1824 Old 01-20-2008, 08:58 PM

I was just doing some searching for pipe forums on the internet. I was looking for someone to talk too as there are not many close by that I know of (that smoke pipe) :-(
post #15 of 1824 Old 01-20-2008, 09:04 PM
Puffer Fish with many spikes

I've been on CS for about a year and a half, as a cigar smoker. When I got the itch to try a pipe, I started with reading the CS pipe forums.

"A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it."
- G.K. Chesterton, Everlasting Man, 1925

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #16 of 1824 Old 01-20-2008, 09:16 PM

This forum was linked from Pipes.org
post #17 of 1824 Old 01-20-2008, 09:25 PM
Sacred cows taste best

Drifted down from the Cigar forums. Hadn't messed with a pipe in decades. I was a cigarette smoker back then and just couldn't appreciate what a pipe had to offer. Stopped smoking cigarettes about a decade back. Smoked occasional cheap mini-mart cigars from time to time. Got into premium cigars last year when introduced to them and finally understood why people smoke premium cigars.

So, after learning enough about cigars here at CS to be dangerous and go my own way, I stopped here and got into the pipe thing too. I now own four briars and two corncobs. I've got enough pipe tobacco laid in for a while.

I like VA, Va/Pers, burley, and some of the aromatics. (Rum and Maple for example.) Haven't developed at taste for Lakita. Not to surprising as I haven't developed a liking to cigars over medium strength/flavor.

Glad to meet everyone here and learn about this passion.

Luck is my middle name," said Rincewind, indistinctly. "Mind you, my first name is Bad."
-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)
post #18 of 1824 Old 01-20-2008, 09:30 PM
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Cool Re: Pipe Forum - influx of new members?

When I first got into pipes a couple years ago I was on another pipe site that was heavily moderated. While it had some good info on it, it was very slow. I'm a young guy and forum whore in general so waiting a day or whatever to see new posts didn't really do it for me (people who smoke pipes are generally pretty well behaved to begin with, I didn't see the point to that sort of moderationonfused.

Anyhow when I started taking pipes back up again a few months ago I was looking for a new forum to satisfy my cravings for pipe content. I stumbled across this one and I liked how things worked so here I am. I've checked out a few other pipe forums and I liked them, but I think CS will be my "home board" so to speak.

So kudos to the CS pipe forum - I think we have a winner.

The two eleven mark, based on the medival symbol for steel, appears only on Steel Reserve® high gravity lager. We use nearly twice the ingredients of many normal lagers & brew for over twice as long as many quality beers.
post #19 of 1824 Old 01-20-2008, 09:32 PM

I get a monthly commission from Greg to come visit every once in awhile.
post #20 of 1824 Old 01-20-2008, 09:33 PM
fumi ergo sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzilt View Post
Well, I joined in November but as I recall I randomly found CS while googling for pipe websites. I found a couple other pipe forums as well but this one looked to be the most active and had a nice looking interface. I perused some of the posts and it seemed like a friendly place so I joined.
Word for word what I would say. Even the joining in November.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
forum, introduce, members, pipe, sticky

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page