Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself) - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1824 Old 01-20-2008, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
IHT
-

Talking Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

Edit: looks like this could be an "intro thread" for new members of the pipe forum. so, let's hear how you found us and a little bit about yourself.

--original post below--
okay, so over the past month we've seen a LARGE number of newer members show up to the ClubStogie pipe forum. not just new to smoking pipes that are longtime cigar smokers and current CS members, but new members here for the pipe section.

that's cool, no complaints here (i've been out of the loop a bit lately, haven't had time to ask)...

what i want to know is: WHY DID YOU ALL CHOOSE CLUBSTOGIE?
are you members of another board and heard of this place and figured you'd take a look?
were you lurkers and figured it was a nice enough place?

i'm curious, haven't seen this large of an influx of new members strictly for the pipe forum before.
i'd like to know what we're doing right to draw you all here so we don't fluck it up in the future.

"To be second guessed, you have to be the first guesser."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 1824 Old 01-20-2008, 02:05 PM
In a case.....

Send a message via AIM to cigar_040 Send a message via Yahoo to cigar_040
Re: Pipe Forum - influx of new members?

As for me Greg,

Been here almost 2 years now. To be honest.....I really don't remember how exactly I ended up here (it had to be a search off Yahoo way back when).

I enjoy cigars alot, but for me.......the Pipe World is a very interesting thing. There are so many beautiful pieces out there to collect and use.....over and over again, unlike a cigar (all there is is a band and memories) Plus......the tobacco blends seem numerous and each one has it's own niche.

I like the Pipe forum alot !! Everybody has been helpful and very informative in their posts, which makes it easier for a "pipe newb" to follow and understand.

p

Andy

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

How is my day going........either :D or :BS
post #3 of 1824 Old 01-20-2008, 02:09 PM
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Well, I joined in November but as I recall I randomly found CS while googling for pipe websites. I found a couple other pipe forums as well but this one looked to be the most active and had a nice looking interface. I perused some of the posts and it seemed like a friendly place so I joined.

post #4 of 1824 Old 01-20-2008, 02:50 PM

I struggle to find local people in my area that are into pipes. There are plenty of cigar smokers but few that smoke the pipe.

I find it nice to be able to sit down and read everyones post and pics. Its my little pipe family. Also there is plenty to learn about my hobby here.
jmt8706 likes this.
post #5 of 1824 Old 01-20-2008, 05:06 PM
Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

i was already a CS member (cigars)-picked the pipe back up to help me quit smoking cigarettes-the old lady won't go for cigars in the house, but she ok'd the pipe-the days when i really want to appreciate one, i won't smoke the other

There's nothing so bad in life that it can't be made worse by a lousy cigar.
post #6 of 1824 Old 01-20-2008, 05:12 PM

I've been a CS member for about 18 months and I was at a mini-herf with a few guys and tried bongoy's pipe and decided that I needed another thing to dump money into lol.
post #7 of 1824 Old 01-20-2008, 05:44 PM

For me it was the first google result for "pipe forum." Being young, and someone who uses a good number of forums it's a natural thing to immediately search for a forum relating to whatever topic. This one happened to also be a very good one, so I was happy with that. I lurked on and off for a while (probably since at least june, maybe earlier) and just decided to join when I started checking the forum more and more often, and realized that I'd been smoking long enough to really contribute answers to some threads, instead of just having questions of my own.
post #8 of 1824 Old 01-20-2008, 06:20 PM

Have been a member here at CS for a while. Thought I would check out the pipe section and it seemed like you guys were enjoying yourselves. Figured I would pick up a pipe and some tobacco to see what the fuss is all about. I really love the pipe and all the 'rituals' asscocated with it. Thanks for making us new guys feel appreciated.
post #9 of 1824 Old 01-20-2008, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
IHT
-

Red face Re: Pipe Forum - influx of new members?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAjunidog View Post
For me it was the first google result for "pipe forum."
well holy sh*t, we are #1.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=pipe+forum

"To be second guessed, you have to be the first guesser."
post #10 of 1824 Old 01-20-2008, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHT View Post
Its been that way for a long time now, but I like the new sig anyways
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
forum, introduce, members, pipe, sticky

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page