Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

Puff Cigar Discussion Forums (https://www.puff.com/forums/vb/)
-   Pipe Puffers Introduction Forum (https://www.puff.com/forums/vb/pipe-puffers-introduction-forum/)
-   -   Hello from Portland Or (https://www.puff.com/forums/vb/pipe-puffers-introduction-forum/175305-hello-portland.html)

Cyph34r 02-10-2012 08:10 AM

Hello from Portland Or

I made a post over in the cigar introduction forum as well, if posting in both is inappropriate, I apologize, and would ask a mod to remove one of my threads.

Hello all. I'm fairly new to smoking, and mostly smoke pipe. Unfortunately I found Puff while trying To figure out why my meerschaum pipe broke (honestly I think I was just a little too rough on it, too used to my indestructible briar churchwarden), but I think that in the long run I'll probably come to see the loss of that pipe as opening a doorway to a huge pool of smoking knowledge.

I'm an independent computer guy in southeast Portland Oregon, I'm 22, and I don't know nearly as much about smoking and tobacco as I'd like (I do have plenty of time to learn). On that subject, if anyone has suggestions of good shops in the area, I would be immensely thankful.

My current pipe collection consists of two cheap briar pipes, and a broken meerschaum that I plan to replace in a couple days. I haven't quite decided on a tobacco that's just my 'everyday' tobacco, but my current favorite is a 'rum and maple' I get from a shop fairly near me a few ounces at a time.

TonyBrooklyn 02-10-2012 08:26 AM

Re: Hello from Portland Or

welcome to puff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michigan_Moose 02-10-2012 09:13 AM

You did good my friend. welcome to puff.

Bad Finger 02-10-2012 04:52 PM

Welcome to Puff from Beaverton, OR!

fiddlegrin 02-11-2012 01:00 AM

Welcome to the party Andrew!

Desertlifter 02-11-2012 01:54 AM

Welcome!

You live in one of my favorite cities - need to make a Powell's trip soon.

Fuzzy 02-11-2012 03:34 AM

Welcome to Puff!!

MarkC 02-11-2012 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desertlifter (Post 3499654)
Welcome!

You live in one of my favorite cities - need to make a Powell's trip soon.

Please don't mention Powell's. I haven't been yet!

Welcome, Andrew!

Machine 02-11-2012 08:25 AM

Good to have you

Desertlifter 02-11-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC (Post 3499706)
Please don't mention Powell's. I haven't been yet!

Welcome, Andrew!

It's only ~342 miles if you drop by my place for a herf first. What are you waiting for? :)