Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

Puff Cigar Discussion Forums (https://www.puff.com/forums/vb/)
-   Pipe Puffers Introduction Forum (https://www.puff.com/forums/vb/pipe-puffers-introduction-forum/)
-   -   Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself) (https://www.puff.com/forums/vb/pipe-puffers-introduction-forum/63118-archive-pipe-forum-new-members-introduce-yourself.html)

skatalite 02-29-2008 10:15 PM

Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

Hey everyone!

Glad to have found this forum.

I'll make the introduction quick: I began smoking pipes about three years ago but just recently became completely infatuated with it. When I really get into something, I end up collecting that something. Not to say I just buy pipes to have them sit pretty on whatever surface they are put — I've been lucky enough to try a wide variety of pipes from a large number of pipe makers, and each pipe I own has their own unexplainable qualities covering everything from looks to feel to the smoking experience itself. I currently own six, with number seven on the way. Once I get my hands on some fresh batteries, I'll snap some pictures of them and post them in the photos forum.

Nice to meet everyone :)

PS — I'm a Nording fan.

Kayak_Rat 02-29-2008 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skatalite (Post 1489519)
Hey everyone!

Glad to have found this forum.

I'll make the introduction quick: I began smoking pipes about three years ago but just recently became completely infatuated with it. When I really get into something, I end up collecting that something. Not to say I just buy pipes to have them sit pretty on whatever surface they are put I've been lucky enough to try a wide variety of pipes from a large number of pipe makers, and each pipe I own has their own unexplainable qualities covering everything from looks to feel to the smoking experience itself. I currently own six, with number seven on the way. Once I get my hands on some fresh batteries, I'll snap some pictures of them and post them in the photos forum.

Nice to meet everyone :)

PS I'm a Nording fan.

Welcome from your neighbor to the West. If you get over nto NW Ark, look a few of us up.

perogee 03-01-2008 03:26 AM

Howdy all. Just joined the boards and am really liking what I am seeing. I was just looking for pipe information and stumbled on this, happy it turned out that way.
I am looking forward to learning more about the whole pipe culture.

Blaylock 03-01-2008 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perogee (Post 1490154)
Howdy all. Just joined the boards...

Hello and welcome to the Pipe Section at Club Stogie! Glad to have you aboard.

:pp

IHT 03-01-2008 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayak_Rat (Post 1489574)
Welcome from your neighbor to the West. If you get over nto NW Ark, look a few of us up.

aren't you to the "east" of oklahoma??

either way, you're close enough to smell.

welcome skatalite (one of my favorite ska bands is called "the skatalites" <- that's a link), and welcome perogee (sounds like a food my wife loves, probably a different spelling).
testing if i can link to in embeded mp3 of the skatalites.

edit: post 12,400? you think i'd be banned by now. do i get a prize?

skatalite 03-01-2008 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IHT (Post 1490493)
aren't you to the "east" of oklahoma??

either way, you're close enough to smell.

welcome skatalite (one of my favorite ska bands is called "the skatalites" <- that's a link), and welcome perogee (sounds like a food my wife loves, probably a different spelling).
testing if i can link to in embeded mp3 of the skatalites.

edit: post 12,400? you think i'd be banned by now. do i get a prize?

Yep, the Skatalites are legendary. I love ska music and was even in an Oklahoma ska band for quite some time. Glad to see someone who knows where I got my name from! It's my username for every forum I use, and you wouldn't believe how many people call me "skatealot." Sheesh!

But thanks for the welcome :)

IHT 03-01-2008 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skatalite (Post 1490628)
It's my username for every forum I use, and you wouldn't believe how many people call me "skatealot." Sheesh!

i understand. mine stands for "Im-Ho-Tep" the mummy (and avatar), and ppl would jack that all up, "i'm a ho temporarily" and stuff like that. :r
so they'd abbreviate it to IHT, and now that's what i use. i guess the '-' in the name are too hard to type.

skatalite 03-01-2008 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IHT (Post 1490656)
i understand. mine stands for "Im-Ho-Tep" the mummy (and avatar), and ppl would jack that all up, "i'm a ho temporarily" and stuff like that. :r
so they'd abbreviate it to IHT, and now that's what i use. i guess the '-' in the name are too hard to type.

And here I am thinking it means "I hate tamales."

:P

perogee 03-01-2008 01:47 PM

Thanks for the welcome, I am really enjoying it here.
And Perogee is actually a spelling error that stuck ;)
(it was supposed to be perigee, but I did not know how to spell it at the time, now Perogee is how I skulk, lol)

BigKev77 03-01-2008 05:41 PM

Hello pipers!. Joined up a few weeks ago and have been haunting these pages ever since. A great resource, i have learned alot.
:gn:chk