Mac Baren Mixture Flake - Page 2 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 12 Old 02-09-2011, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
Puffer Fish with many spikes

Re: Mac Baren Mixture Flake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Moo View Post
bump...

More cavendish, slightly sweeter and minorly less tangy than MacB Navy Flake, this is a dream if opened and left to rest for a couple of weeks before smoking. Much to my surpise it didn't totally dry out in an unsealed but closed tin. As with Ed, it grew on me as I tried it over a period of many days.

Days improved it a lot - two or three weeks a whole lot more. It reminded me of University Flakle by Peterson for half the money.
Out of the tin, Mixture Flake and Navy Flake arrive with a deceptively dry appearance and texture. But as Dan noted, these flakes benefit dramatically from a healthy spell of drying in an unsealed but closed tin. This notable improvement is a characteristic that these two blends share with several other, if not all, the MacB's I've tried.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 Old 02-09-2011, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Puffer Fish with many spikes

Re: Mac Baren Mixture Flake

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveStar View Post
Interesting Moo, since I posted nearly the exact assessment of Navy Flake in a reply recently you most recently made recently. :kev:

Shows great minds think alike; I remember reading a post by Dan in this or some other forum, about two years ago, making exactly the same observation about Navy Flake. I remember it because if iirc it was in relation to my post about smoking Navy Flake for the first time. ave:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
baren, flake, mac, mac baren, mixture

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page