C&D Rajah's Court - good stuff - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 03-26-2010, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Leading Puffer Fish

C&D Rajah's Court - good stuff

Just tried Rajah's Court, and I must say this is a great medium English blend.
Description:
Red and bright aged Virginias provide an excellent, gently sweet, base for this medium to full English blend. Turkish Oriental leaf and Latakia add layers of earthy smokiness and a mild pepperiness to the overall composition.

That is pretty much spot on. There was a good level of sweetness from the viriginias without any bite or tanginess. The latakia was noticeable, but the orientals were right there with them. In one word I could describe this blend as "balanced". The latakia and orientals were front and center, but the viriginas provided a good base. If you're a latakia fiend this may not be enough for you, but if you'd like a balanced English blend this is a must try, in my opinion.

As to the technicals, I got this in a sample bag from C&D, so I don't know what it is like out of the tin. It came out of the bag with a perfect dryness. It had the requisite C&D large pieces of leaf and petrified chunks of tobacco that accompany an otherwise well cut ribbon blend. Nice mix of light and dark browns. Had an appealing spicy aroma in the bag. It packed easy, smoked cool, and required only a couple re-lights.

When it comes right down to it, I couldn't stop puffing - what I thought would be a 45-60 minute smoke ended up being 30, for what that's worth. I'll definitely be ordering some tins of this. Your experience may vary.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-27-2010, 12:18 AM
Puffer Fish with some spikes

Re: C&D Rajah's Court - good stuff

Thanks for the review. Sounds like something I would like to try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
candd, court, good, rajah, stuff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page