Missouri Meerschaum Pony and Mizzou - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 03-20-2011, 03:08 AM Thread Starter
Leading Puffer Fish

Missouri Meerschaum Pony and Mizzou

These are the cobs I bought for my pipe bombs. At first when they came I was pretty disappointed. I didn't realize how small they were, and I was a little embarrassed to be giving them out. Well, today, for the first time I smoked the one I kept for myself, and it is a darned fine pipe for a short smoke or flakes. The Pony is the bent and has a removable stem, the Mizzou is straight and the stem seems to be fixed on the shank.

The pipe I kept for myself was a Mizzou, and I smoked Penzance from it. First, let me say I'm not sure why I was so upset when they came. I have a meerschaum that similarly has a very narrow bowl and proportionally has a tall narrow bowl. It is also a fine smoker, and this one is too. The bowl is about the perfect size for one flake of Penzance, though I may have overstuffed it a bit with a flake of Penzance and some crumbs. I knew before I lit it that it was overstuffed a bit due to the tight test draw, but I chose to keep it that way. It needed some relights but otherwise was fine.

It has all the advantages and disadvantages of a full-sized cob. Other than the Freehand, General and MacArthur, they all have bowls on the smaller side and are great when you want a shorter smoke. They provide a cool, dry smoke. Personally, I like the look of the cob, though I hate the honeycomb look they artificially add to the hardwood shank, just leave it plain and I think it would look a lot better. They don't ghost and they don't impart any other flavors so you get the pure flavor from the tobacco (a great feature with a wonderful tobacco like Penzance). Unlike most other MM, they are unfiltered.

It is a sitter which was nice. I was able to put it down mid-smoke to write this without worrying about it spilling out the ash and tobacco still in the pipe.

I am looking forward to smoking it again when I haven't over packed it and can get the full experience, but I'm actually pretty happy with it. It is a nice little pipe and can usually be found for under $4 and sometimes under $3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-02-2011, 06:39 PM
Young Puffer Fish

Re: Missouri Meerschaum Pony and Mizzou

My first pipe was a cob and I still enjoy it thoroughly. I'm glad I started off with one.
post #3 of 7 Old 04-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

I love the little cobs for lunch break at work.

That which is falling, should also be pushed

post #4 of 7 Old 04-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Power View Post
I love the little cobs for lunch break at work.
Or for ropes!
post #5 of 7 Old 04-03-2011, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
Leading Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveStar View Post
Or for ropes!
Yes! I really like that Brown Bogie, but the nic hit can be a bit extreme. The Mizzou (and similarly sized Meer I have) are about the perfect size to enjoy this tobacco and not worry about a nicotine buzz/headache.
post #6 of 7 Old 04-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Puffer With No Spikes

Life is so much better with a cob.

A lack of preparation on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part.
post #7 of 7 Old 04-03-2011, 09:23 PM
Pipe Smokin' Piranha

I have a Mizzou I smoke now and again, usually before bed, and another that has a broken stem... I'll get a replacement soon. The stems do come out but are pretty tight, which is how I broke the one. Good review! :tu

Dale
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
meerschaum, missouri, mizzou, pony

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page