THE Mixture - Page 2 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 Old 03-26-2011, 10:35 AM
Maturing Puffer Fish

Re: THE Mixture

Are we talking about the same Mixture 79 ?
The pouch aroma I get is wintergreen.
It lit nice and easy...the flavor smoked gives me a slight wintergreen skoal chewing tobacco flavor. Seriously, I do not find it horrible. The more of the bowl I smoke the more I get That ever so slight chewing tobacco after taste. Im more then half way through with this bowl and the retrohales don't sting my nose but to me isnt adding to the flavor.
Nearly finished, it definatly smooths out, probably because you get used to the wintergreen-ness of this mixture. Its kinda got a sweet taste to it now that its near the bottom. Maybe a little black licorice going on here kinda like if you couldn't eat the licorice you just got to taste it then spit it out.
Its not great but, I don't think its as bad as you hear. I'll definatly finish this pouch.
As for the room note im unsure, I sat in a little room closed the window and door and smoked. I did ask someone who wasn't in the house to tell me the scent... They said it reminded of a shoemaker shop. Mild, not unpleasent, and leathery.
This was what I got from it. So I'll say Satan didn't make this mixture ...its just not for everyone I guess. Ok oK the after taste isn't really that great. I hate wintergreen chewing tobacco and its what I taste.

Edit: over time I'll smoke this pouch and probably never buy again..its just not my thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 Old 03-26-2011, 12:35 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneepa View Post
Are we talking about the same Mixture 79 ?
The pouch aroma I get is wintergreen.
It lit nice and easy...the flavor smoked gives me a slight wintergreen skoal chewing tobacco flavor. Seriously, I do not find it horrible. The more of the bowl I smoke the more I get That ever so slight chewing tobacco after taste. Im more then half way through with this bowl and the retrohales don't sting my nose but to me isnt adding to the flavor.
Nearly finished, it definatly smooths out, probably because you get used to the wintergreen-ness of this mixture. Its kinda got a sweet taste to it now that its near the bottom. Maybe a little black licorice going on here kinda like if you couldn't eat the licorice you just got to taste it then spit it out.
Its not great but, I don't think its as bad as you hear. I'll definatly finish this pouch.
As for the room note im unsure, I sat in a little room closed the window and door and smoked. I did ask someone who wasn't in the house to tell me the scent... They said it reminded of a shoemaker shop. Mild, not unpleasent, and leathery.
This was what I got from it. So I'll say Satan didn't make this mixture ...its just not for everyone I guess. Ok oK the after taste isn't really that great. I hate wintergreen chewing tobacco and its what I taste.

Edit: over time I'll smoke this pouch and probably never buy again..its just not my thing.

Blasphemy!

Ok I forgive you and I do agree there has to be some that like it since it still sells

I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat.
Edgar Allan Poe
post #13 of 18 Old 03-26-2011, 01:03 PM
Sot-weed Bohemian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedawg View Post
Blasphemy!

Ok I forgive you and I do agree there has to be some that like it since it still sells
So does paraphernalia for Satanic cults.

Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

post #14 of 18 Old 03-26-2011, 01:09 PM
Sot-weed Bohemian

oops. dupe.

Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney
post #15 of 18 Old 03-26-2011, 01:32 PM
Maturing Puffer Fish

I don't know guys but, I just smoked a second bowl of this stuff and I think its getting better. Maybe thats why me and Hef get all the ladies.
post #16 of 18 Old 03-26-2011, 06:47 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneepa View Post
I don't know guys but, I just smoked a second bowl of this stuff and I think its getting better. Maybe thats why me and Hef get all the ladies.
post #17 of 18 Old 03-27-2011, 01:14 AM
Intolerable Curmudgeon

I'm in the minority, but I really do like the stuff... The key is to get it FRESH!
I love licorice & anise, and No. 79 has that as the dominant flavor that overwhelms the nutty burly taste and floral scent. If you get an old pouch, it can get ashy fairly quickly...

For me, it does best in a fairly small to medium size pipe with a wide chamber. Too big/tall of a bowl and it gets bitter on me.
post #18 of 18 Old 04-02-2011, 06:43 PM
Young Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedogg View Post
It smells like diaper cream in the pouch. Not just close, but exactly like it.

Tastes like I am smoking a freshly powdered baby ass, with emphasis on the ass part.

I know what the problem is...

You need to wash your hands after you change your kids diaper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
mixture

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page