THE Mixture - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 03-24-2011, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
Reformed Cig Addict

THE Mixture

Here we go boys...

It smells like diaper cream in the pouch. Not just close, but exactly like it. It's dry and greasy. It is really crumby too like cookie crumbs. I should've left the stinger in this Yello-bole. Oh god, here we go.

Hmm...lit pretty easy. Tastes like I am smoking a freshly powdered baby ass, with emphasis on the ass part.

Ugh gawd Wtf is that flavor? Now it tastes like licorice made by Goodyear. It really wants to taste like tobacco, but the ass in it just takes the tobacco by the nuts and squeezes.

I am now 1/3 through the bowl and now I am getting this relentless burn and this taste of, I don't know what...It's like smoking a bowl of anti-bacterial soap, bubbles and all.

Retrohaling doesn't help the matter. It makes my sinuses feel like I am regurgitating transmission fluid. Omg that's it! It tastes like anti-freeze and trans fluid mixed!

The little crumbs are clogging the hole now. There, fixed. Now I can really draw off of it. The smoke is hot, still tastes like it came from a 79 Rabbit diesel that ran over a grave site covered in diaper cream, and just keeps getting worse. I will finish this bowl! I think I can...I think I can...

The aroma isn't all bad when you put it down for a second and take a good hard sniff.

Surprisingly the bowl isn't very hot, and its burning clean. I just feel like I am sucking on a bus exhaust that is running on flower power and trans fluid.

Honestly, its pretty bad, but I would rate it above the "bargain blend" Sterling sent me (not what Dave sent). I couldn't even get 10 puffs in to that. This I could use sheer mental power to get through.

I can honestly say if you like the taste of full Lakelands, you would probably like this. It is much sweeter and doesn't carry the nice hit. It also tastes more like a garage floor than the full Lakelands, so I will rate it below them.

Now at the bottom of the bowl I just swallowed some saliva and my throat is burning! Nasty! Now it tastes like ashtray smoke with some weird sweetness.

Next victim!

"The worst thing you can ever do in life is set yourself goals" - Stephen Fry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 03-24-2011, 11:13 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Re: THE Mixture

gross

Good review of an er..... um.... classic?
post #3 of 18 Old 03-24-2011, 11:13 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

so did you like it?

I think this box of m79 might set the world record for travel. Who is the next victim? James?

I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat.
Edgar Allan Poe

post #4 of 18 Old 03-24-2011, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
Reformed Cig Addict

Did I like it? No. Was it so horribly awful that I wouldn't smoke it if it was the last "tobacco" on Earth? No. Would there be any other reason I would ever smoke it again? No.

By far that "Bargain tobacco" from Sterling was worse.

Let me go back to Dave's thread, there was someone who wanted to be next.

We really should map where this tobacco has been.

EDIT:

Per his request, shannensmall is next. I have a PM sent his way.

"The worst thing you can ever do in life is set yourself goals" - Stephen Fry
post #5 of 18 Old 03-25-2011, 12:23 AM
Puffer With No Spikes

Hehehe, loved the review.

I honestly want to try this stuff. There has got to be some kind of redeeming quality about it for it to have been around for so long. Or perhaps all that is available on the market is still from the original batch. They just mixed some formaldehyde in it to make it last.

A lack of preparation on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part.
post #6 of 18 Old 03-25-2011, 01:41 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

Wow, there are some brave men here on Puff. I can't really think of anything that would convince me to try that stuff. If anyone sends me any, I'll just burn it (and not in a pipe) . I'm not as brave as some of you.
post #7 of 18 Old 03-25-2011, 02:10 PM
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff10236 View Post
Wow, there are some brave men here on Puff. I can't really think of anything that would convince me to try that stuff. If anyone sends me any, I'll just burn it (and not in a pipe) . I'm not as brave as some of you.
I am with Jeff here, I stayed the hell out of that first thread from a mixture of fear and respect.
Great review though, it really painted a picture, even though the picture wasn't pretty ainkiller:
post #8 of 18 Old 03-25-2011, 07:18 PM
Puffer Fish with many spikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannensmall View Post
I honestly want to try this stuff. There has got to be some kind of redeeming quality about it for it to have been around for so long.
I fall into this category. I keep telling myself that there MUST be something to it.

I'll take it next, or whenever the next opening is. ainkiller:
post #9 of 18 Old 03-25-2011, 07:42 PM
Sot-weed Bohemian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannensmall View Post
Or perhaps all that is available on the market is still from the original batch. They just mixed some formaldehyde in it to make it last.
Odd you should say that. As User Name noted, "My friend's sister's doctor's old college professor's mortician says it reminds him of work."
post #10 of 18 Old 03-25-2011, 07:47 PM
Sot-weed Bohemian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedogg View Post
Here we go boys...

Ugh gawd Wtf is that flavor? Now it tastes like licorice made by Goodyear. It really wants to taste like tobacco, but the ass in it just takes the tobacco by the nuts and squeezes.
:biglaugh:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
mixture

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page