S.G. Commonwealth Mixture - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 04-10-2011, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

S.G. Commonwealth Mixture

Picked up a couple oz of this in a trade. I've been wanting to try it for a while but it wasn't high on the list.

Quite moist right out of the jar. I should have let it dry a bit more than 45 minutes in my pipe but my schedule has it's own demands! It smells like lots of latakia.

It is lots of latakia! This is a no nonsense, no frills english. Apparently 50/50 va/lat. The virginias can be tasted in the background but the latakia is really the big player. This blend is farily one-dimensional. But if you're looking for an english you don't have to think about but can enjoy the latakia without it being too overbearing, this is the one.

It was.....well, let's just say it was.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 04-10-2011, 05:00 PM
The slope is steep

Re: S.G. Commonwealth Mixture

Thanks for the 411 Dave.
post #3 of 14 Old 04-10-2011, 05:30 PM
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!

As always thanks Dave well done!ink:

"Dear Lord Thank you for your protection and your many signs along the way. Thank you for any good that I may have done, I'm so sorry about the bad."- Eli

post #4 of 14 Old 04-10-2011, 05:31 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

Thanks for the review of Commonwealth Mixture. That is something on my list to try, I'm interested in the 50/50 lat mixture. Still, I wasn't in a huge hurry, quite a few other things were already above it on the list. With your lukewarm review, it is pretty much where it was- I want to try it, but not right now. Maybe if I ever see it on the shelf of a local B&M that will be when I'll pick it up, or as part of a larger online order sometime in the next year.
post #5 of 14 Old 04-10-2011, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff10236 View Post
Thanks for the review of Commonwealth Mixture. That is something on my list to try, I'm interested in the 50/50 lat mixture. Still, I wasn't in a huge hurry, quite a few other things were already above it on the list. With your lukewarm review, it is pretty much where it was- I want to try it, but not right now. Maybe if I ever see it on the shelf of a local B&M that will be when I'll pick it up, or as part of a larger online order sometime in the next year.
Yeah. That would be my recommendation. It's good and it's high quality tobacco. But just not good enough to push something else down on my list of "to try" tobaccos.

post #6 of 14 Old 04-10-2011, 08:29 PM
I HATE SNOW!

That's one I've always wondered about. thanks for the info!

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass little old ladies rather than a motorcycle gang.
post #7 of 14 Old 04-10-2011, 08:47 PM
CRT #1984, CRA #99974873

Thanks for the review, Dave! I have 500gs of this jarred up and I just haven't gotten around to smoking - but I did notice that it was very wet coming out of the box.

I'm a latakia lover and it smells incredible. Like you said, I think it's going to be the perfect smoke for me when I have other things going on and I don't want to concentrate on picking out subtle flavors.
post #8 of 14 Old 04-10-2011, 09:00 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Nice review David. Sounds like it is a lot like Lancers Slices.

“The value of tobacco is best understood when it is the last you possess and there is no chance of getting more.” - Bismarck
post #9 of 14 Old 04-10-2011, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by szyzk View Post
Thanks for the review, Dave! I have 500gs of this jarred up and I just haven't gotten around to smoking - but I did notice that it was very wet coming out of the box.

I'm a latakia lover and it smells incredible. Like you said, I think it's going to be the perfect smoke for me when I have other things going on and I don't want to concentrate on picking out subtle flavors.
Hey, now that I think about it, I got this from you! It's been a wild and wooly week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigosmoke View Post
Nice review David. Sounds like it is a lot like Lancers Slices.
Come to think of it, I believe you're correct. I haven't retried the Lancer yet but I think I remember it tasting similar. Can't be too sure since I'd had all those other flavors blowing up my palate!

post #10 of 14 Old 04-10-2011, 10:43 PM
CRT #1984, CRA #99974873

Quote:
Originally Posted by owaindav View Post
Hey, now that I think about it, I got this from you! It's been a wild and wooly week!
Hah! I forgot I sent it to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
commonwealth, mixture

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page