Hearth & Home Prince Andrew versus Prince Albert - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 03-20-2015, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Codger In Training

Hearth & Home Prince Andrew versus Prince Albert

Quote:
Hearth & Home Mid-Town Series Prince Andrew is a rich, but mellow, Burley blend with a mildly-sweet flavor with notes of cocoa and nuts. It's a pleasant, all-day type of tobacco that's cool and bite-free. Perhaps, best of all, it's very affordable. Compare to Prince Albert
I smoke a ton of Prince Albert....while I find it very satisfactory, there's nothing that stands out for me, nothing that makes it better or worse than any other tobacco. It's just a lightly cased mild burley that is super easy to smoke.

I thought I'd start with Prince Andrew first. It smoked good. The casing tasted very similar to what I remember. Nothing remarkable, except to point out that it required a bit more tamping and relighting than Prince Albert...not a lot, mind you, just a bit more than Prince Albert.

I followed up with a bowl of Prince Albert. After smoking the Prince Andrew, I notice a faint chemical taste in Albert. I've noticed it before, but never been bothered by it - it's faint and inoffensive. It's more noticeable in this bowl, probably because I found it completely absent in Andrew. Albert practically smokes itself and requires less tamping and relighting.

I feel like I'm exploring the intricacies of vanilla soft serve ice cream at Dairy Queen versus Sonic. I wouldn't say they were identical, but I found them to be close enough to be interchangeable. An extremely discerning palate could probably find more subtle difference than I did, but in the end they're both pretty much just plain jane soft serve.....errr, I mean, mild drugstore burley. Which, I suppose, means Hearth and Home hit a home run.

I'd happily smoke whichever one was cheapest and most easily available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page