Anti-Thread Jacking Banter - Page 1649 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 39034Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16481 of 20728 Old 02-06-2019, 11:27 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader
 
GOT14U's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: ARIZONA (by way of Wyoming)
Posts: 4,930
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaSmoke View Post
Stuff like that comes in waves. Ride it out brother, just dont do it alone.


Oh Iím fine bud....Iíve been riding waves for decades now....lmao....honestly Iím not down and out and by no means want to come off like that....just a thought in my head is all.....I have so much to be thankful for I could start 10 threads about......


Sent from my part of hell!
TexaSmoke likes this.

This is NOT a message board where you come to leave your matzah balls hanging out and then walk around with an entitled attitude. Cigary 2018
GOT14U is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #16482 of 20728 Old 02-06-2019, 11:28 PM
No longer a community member.
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Southeast Texas
Posts: 4,068
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT14U View Post
Oh Iím fine bud....Iíve been riding waves for decades now....lmao....honestly Iím not down and out and by no means want to come off like that....just a thought in my head is all.....I have so much to be thankful for I could start 10 threads about......


Sent from my part of hell!
I know the feeling. My head goes weird places sometimes as well. Not sure what triggers it.
TexaSmoke is offline  
post #16483 of 20728 Old 02-06-2019, 11:32 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader
 
GOT14U's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: ARIZONA (by way of Wyoming)
Posts: 4,930
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaSmoke View Post
I know the feeling. My head goes weird places sometimes as well. Not sure what triggers it.


Well I know alcohol helps...lmao....but honestly it has got to be something else.....damn history! I guess Iíll go do some yoga and a couple hours of meditation and get the answers....if not Sedona AZ is close enough and I can get some crystals to explain everything to me.....


Sent from my part of hell!
Alrightdriver and TexaSmoke like this.

This is NOT a message board where you come to leave your matzah balls hanging out and then walk around with an entitled attitude. Cigary 2018
GOT14U is offline  
post #16484 of 20728 Old 02-06-2019, 11:50 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish
 
Humphrey's Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Central Oregon
Posts: 1,486
           
Alright, you want to get deep.
Our past is part of what makes us who we are. We learn and grow and become better people, (hopefully), but our decisions and what we have gone through mold who we are. You can't reject the past as bad and only embrace the present. You have to embrace both as part of what makes you who you are. People want to separate the good in themselves and embrace that while rejecting and dismissing the bad. We are all both at the same time. That will never change. You have to embrace both the good and the bad as making up the whole of who you are. That doesn't mean you live in your faults or continue making the same mistakes or see your bad as good, but you can't live as half a person. You will always make mistakes and do things and make decisions that you will regret. Embrace it, learn from it and move on. See it as part of who you are and accept it. I see you as a good person and you obviously see yourself as a good person and you also obviously beat yourself up a little bit about your past. It forced you to make decisions and change your life for the better. That's a good thing. Without going through what you went through and being forced to make the decisions that you made, you wouldn't be who you are today. It gave you the opportunity to change. Don't try to cut yourself in half and reject things about your past or things that may be less than good about you now. Embrace yourself as a whole imperfect person. No one is all good, and the more you try to minimize things that you don't like about yourself or things that you don't like about your past, the more those things will haunt you. It's much easier to work on your weaknesses or feelings about your past if you acknowledge them and embrace them as part of you. The more you try to dismiss the things that you don't like. past or present, the more you will obsess about them.
Or just tell me I'm full of it.

Go Ducks!
Humphrey's Ghost is offline  
post #16485 of 20728 Old 02-07-2019, 12:00 AM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader
 
GOT14U's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: ARIZONA (by way of Wyoming)
Posts: 4,930
           
damn good reply....I've never looked at myself as a guy who beets himself up....I've always thought I learned and then went on....maybe there is something there...maybe not....either way what you say makes total sense....and a great reply honestly...I appreciate them more then you know.....as Stix's says in wrapped around your finger...I have only come here seeking knowledge......LMAO...and I'm not beeting myself up at all.....I'm good to go...just seems I go to a place some times....no biggy, just something I observed...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey's Ghost View Post
Alright, you want to get deep.
Our past is part of what makes us who we are. We learn and grow and become better people, (hopefully), but our decisions and what we have gone through mold who we are. You can't reject the past as bad and only embrace the present. You have to embrace both as part of what makes you who you are. People want to separate the good in themselves and embrace that while rejecting and dismissing the bad. We are all both at the same time. That will never change. You have to embrace both the good and the bad as making up the whole of who you are. That doesn't mean you live in your faults or continue making the same mistakes or see your bad as good, but you can't live as half a person. You will always make mistakes and do things and make decisions that you will regret. Embrace it, learn from it and move on. See it as part of who you are and accept it. I see you as a good person and you obviously see yourself as a good person and you also obviously beat yourself up a little bit about your past. It forced you to make decisions and change your life for the better. That's a good thing. Without going through what you went through and being forced to make the decisions that you made, you wouldn't be who you are today. It gave you the opportunity to change. Don't try to cut yourself in half and reject things about your past or things that may be less than good about you now. Embrace yourself as a whole imperfect person. No one is all good, and the more you try to minimize things that you don't like about yourself or things that you don't like about your past, the more those things will haunt you. It's much easier to work on your weaknesses or feelings about your past if you acknowledge them and embrace them as part of you. The more you try to dismiss the things that you don't like. past or present, the more you will obsess about them.
Or just tell me I'm full of it.

This is NOT a message board where you come to leave your matzah balls hanging out and then walk around with an entitled attitude. Cigary 2018
GOT14U is offline  
post #16486 of 20728 Old 02-07-2019, 12:09 AM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader
 
GOT14U's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: ARIZONA (by way of Wyoming)
Posts: 4,930
           
On a side note I have noticed there is a TON of PM going on in this forum...more then I have ever seen in any other forum I am part of.....thats awesome! I guess BBQ forum aint got nothing on the cigar forums.....back to your regular scheduled programing...

This is NOT a message board where you come to leave your matzah balls hanging out and then walk around with an entitled attitude. Cigary 2018
GOT14U is offline  
post #16487 of 20728 Old 02-07-2019, 12:17 AM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader
 
GOT14U's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: ARIZONA (by way of Wyoming)
Posts: 4,930
           
Anti-Thread Jacking Banter

damn I can't wait till all the fella's wake up! Kinda put myself out there! Time to listen to the Police!



This is NOT a message board where you come to leave your matzah balls hanging out and then walk around with an entitled attitude. Cigary 2018
GOT14U is offline  
post #16488 of 20728 Old 02-07-2019, 07:59 AM
Puffer Fish with many spikes
 
ForMud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Delaware
Posts: 840
        
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT14U View Post
damn I can't wait till all the fella's wake up! Kinda put myself out there!
I don't think any ones going to give you shit for being human.....The older I get, I find my mind slipping back to the past more and more, some of it good and some dark. I don't think it's a bad thing.

Humphrey's Ghost post was spot on.

I can't wait to what comes out of you when you're home alone with only one arm and feeling no pain.
GOT14U likes this.
ForMud is offline  
post #16489 of 20728 Old 02-07-2019, 08:07 AM
H.R. Pufnstuf
 
Hickorynut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: NE GA ~25 minutes from Athens
Posts: 5,789
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey's Ghost View Post
Alright, you want to get deep.

Our past is part of what makes us who we are. We learn and grow and become better people, (hopefully), but our decisions and what we have gone through mold who we are. You can't reject the past as bad and only embrace the present. You have to embrace both as part of what makes you who you are. People want to separate the good in themselves and embrace that while rejecting and dismissing the bad. We are all both at the same time. That will never change. You have to embrace both the good and the bad as making up the whole of who you are. That doesn't mean you live in your faults or continue making the same mistakes or see your bad as good, but you can't live as half a person. You will always make mistakes and do things and make decisions that you will regret. Embrace it, learn from it and move on. See it as part of who you are and accept it. I see you as a good person and you obviously see yourself as a good person and you also obviously beat yourself up a little bit about your past. It forced you to make decisions and change your life for the better. That's a good thing. Without going through what you went through and being forced to make the decisions that you made, you wouldn't be who you are today. It gave you the opportunity to change. Don't try to cut yourself in half and reject things about your past or things that may be less than good about you now. Embrace yourself as a whole imperfect person. No one is all good, and the more you try to minimize things that you don't like about yourself or things that you don't like about your past, the more those things will haunt you. It's much easier to work on your weaknesses or feelings about your past if you acknowledge them and embrace them as part of you. The more you try to dismiss the things that you don't like. past or present, the more you will obsess about them.

Or just tell me I'm full of it.
Beat me to it again! Sorry @GOT14U you're normal like the rest of us sorry SOB's. The fact you realize and consider it actually is a step ahead of most....

Sent from: Bubba's Shine Palace...BYOJ...

....that's almost like flying on a plane with one wing. ~Cigary
Hickorynut is offline  
post #16490 of 20728 Old 02-07-2019, 08:09 AM
H.R. Pufnstuf
 
Hickorynut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: NE GA ~25 minutes from Athens
Posts: 5,789
           
Mornin Puff-Kin! 66 for an overnight low....humid as ####.....

Sent from: Bubba's Shine Palace...BYOJ...

....that's almost like flying on a plane with one wing. ~Cigary
Hickorynut is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome