Anti-Thread Jacking Banter - Page 1867 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 38760Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #18661 of 20595 Old 07-19-2019, 07:43 AM
No longer a community member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith1986 View Post
I got some good news and some bad news today. My son is splitting up with his useless lazy girlfriend and has no where to go but come home. We've only seen or heard from him maybe 3 times in almost 3 years because he wasn't allowed to talk to us because we voiced our disapproval of her more than a few times. The one car they have is in her name and she took it, so he also lost his job recently.
I've only seen my grandson twice and he's 2 now, and have never seen my granddaughter yet and she's almost 1, but I will be seeing them both this weekend.
I'm not sure how to tell what is good and what is bad in all this. I have a mixture of emotions all around. Our foster son that is the youngest will be 4 next month and the grandbabies are not far behind him. Crazy life and world I live in.....

Sent from the intersection of lucid and insanity
Not quite in the same boat as you, but yeah I feel you're pain. We're only allowed to see our grandchildren when the boy and his wife need something.
One daughter moved back after her divorce and is still there, the other daughter had a friend that needed a place to live so we took her in but said daughter is up in NY working a Renfaire and basically being a vagabond.
msmith1986 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18662 of 20595 Old 07-19-2019, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
Dark Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sine_Qua_Non View Post
I wish gold bond could help. Problem ends up being not enough air flow, so the sweat can't evaporate and salt ends up blocking the pores, causing inflammation. I generally use gold bond like it's going out of style, but seems to actually do more harm than good in some rare instances.

Baby wipes, had the same issue when I was active duty, and at the end of day wiping my back down with baby wipes seemed to help the “prickly heat” as we called it.

"LUCILLE IS THIRSTY!"
ForMud and Sine_Qua_Non like this.

I am not dying until I am damn good and ready.
post #18663 of 20595 Old 07-19-2019, 08:08 AM
Puffer Fish with many spikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith1986 View Post
I got some good news and some bad news today. My son is splitting up with his useless lazy girlfriend and has no where to go but come home. We've only seen or heard from him maybe 3 times in almost 3 years because he wasn't allowed to talk to us because we voiced our disapproval of her more than a few times. The one car they have is in her name and she took it, so he also lost his job recently.
I've only seen my grandson twice and he's 2 now, and have never seen my granddaughter yet and she's almost 1, but I will be seeing them both this weekend.
I'm not sure how to tell what is good and what is bad in all this. I have a mixture of emotions all around. Our foster son that is the youngest will be 4 next month and the grandbabies are not far behind him. Crazy life and world I live in.....

Sent from the intersection of lucid and insanity
I feel what your going through, it's going to be hard no matter what. Take things slow.

I have two daughters and I told them both no matter what, they always have a place here at home. I think if I had a son, things would be different.
msmith1986 and Peapaw like this.

“I came into this world covered in someone else’s blood and screaming. I’m not afraid to leave it the same way.”
post #18664 of 20595 Old 07-19-2019, 10:47 AM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matfam1 View Post
Only really on the refrigerant.
Costs:
410A <$20.00 per pound, I think it’s around 7
Super Sealant... never used, never will.
Coil cleaner probably reasonable
Labor, you got a bargain.

Had one of my guys did it, your bill would have been more; but, it would have been done differently.

410A $50.00
Leak Search $40.00
Recovery and evacuation $50.00
Welding Charge $40.00
Drier $40.00
Coil cleaner $10.00
Labor $400.00

My repairs total more; however, we would have found the leak and fixed it. This is a tried and true industry accepted method. The “super seal” has SIGNIFICANTLY mixed reviews, with most older technicians HATING it. I hope it works in your system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
at the end of the day he put in refrigerant and leak sealant and used my hose to spray out the unit.

he was actually the company owner. nice guy - we had a lot in common.

the worst part is i dont think he really knew how long he was there. at best from pulling in to my driveway to pulling out was almost 2hrs. when he was writing out the bill he said "im not sure how long i was here but ill only charge you for 2hrs because we bs'd a lot." we literally talked at least 45 minutes.

next time i wont talk to any tradesmen.
Matfam1 likes this.

"In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world."
post #18665 of 20595 Old 07-19-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummy Jones View Post
at the end of the day he put in refrigerant and leak sealant and used my hose to spray out the unit.

he was actually the company owner. nice guy - we had a lot in common.

the worst part is i dont think he really knew how long he was there. at best from pulling in to my driveway to pulling out was almost 2hrs. when he was writing out the bill he said "im not sure how long i was here but ill only charge you for 2hrs because we bs'd a lot." we literally talked at least 45 minutes.

next time i wont talk to any tradesmen.
I have a service contract with the company I use. $200 something a year for both heat/ac. Covers labor and a discount on parts. They just serviced the ac a couple weeks ago....Freon was low, replaced the fill fitting, ( I think ) recharged, cleaned....Cost me $78.
With the heater...It cost me a power switch 5 years ago. Had the nozzles replaced a couple times, the igniter, and I think the pump over the years at no cost. I ask for the same tech every time...He takes care of me.
The unit is 18 years old, so it's been worth it for me.

“I came into this world covered in someone else’s blood and screaming. I’m not afraid to leave it the same way.”
post #18666 of 20595 Old 07-19-2019, 01:20 PM
CAT WRANGLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by csk415 View Post

Long read
New wheels. Well preowned but new for us. Wife said she wanted new tires for the car so I bought her some. I had to deal with two shady AF dealerships to finally find the honest one.

1st car in OKC. Pics, carfax and conversation with sales guy were great. Make the 2hr drive. He gets the rouge.
I laugh at him
He looks confused
I call him a few choice words because what was a perfect rouge in the pics actually looked like it was parked in the middle of a Top Golf driving range.

2nd car in Mesquite tx. 2.5 hrs away. Same thing. Everything was perfect. Even got videos of the car inside and out. It was a done deal. I was going to buy it. Guy said let him know when I hit a certain spot (50 min from dealership)This will give him time to have it washed. It was already detailed on inside and out just need the dust cleaned off. 40 min to the mark he texted and said it sold but he had more but they cost more. Needless to say I was beyond pissed. Made the exit, pulled through the lot, had second thoughts of how much the bail would be and left Trophy Nissan.

Thank god for my wife. She was quick to search and found another Rouge literally around the corner. All hopes were shot but we were there and made the stop. I needed to roam a lot anyways. She went in and met with the sales guy and brought him out. Mind you I was in a horrible mood. This kid made my day right off the bat. No pressure what so ever from him. He tossed me the key and said to take it for a spin and he would wait for me to come back. Well as you can see we brought it home. Made me a great deal on a better rouge than I had originally wanted.
From the way I understand it, you're supposed to take it back to the dealership and sign some paperwork before you take it home.. that kid's probably still waitin and I'm guessing fairly pissed...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
post #18667 of 20595 Old 07-19-2019, 01:55 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

wife was just let go from her job in a downsizing event

we are and definitely will be fine

just completely blind sided

sucks to get a call from a sobbing wife
Jankjr, msmith1986, Peapaw and 1 others like this.

"In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world."
post #18668 of 20595 Old 07-19-2019, 02:05 PM
One of the a-holes

Sorry to hear that Gummah.
Rediculous how people who want to be productive members of society can’t while others are happy to sit on their azz and get a free check.

Blue Lives Matter
post #18669 of 20595 Old 07-19-2019, 03:22 PM
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Another year older.. I dont feel like doing anything today. Well I do, but my back doesnt.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk Pro
Jankjr, UBC03 and Matfam1 like this.
post #18670 of 20595 Old 07-19-2019, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdict View Post
Another year older.. I dont feel like doing anything today. Well I do, but my back doesnt.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk Pro
Happy Birthday!

“It’s just gone eight o’clock and time for the penguin on top of your television set to explode.”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page