Anti-Thread Jacking Banter - Page 1878 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 39034Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #18771 of 20728 Old 07-25-2019, 10:50 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtAv8tor View Post
I get over here twice a year for my current job, ya know to sign paper work and such

"LUCILLE IS THIRSTY!"

Looks like I will be in Korea after all. Early September and only for a day. Not sure if you will be there then but it would sure be an interesting way to meet lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JtAv8tor and msmith1986 like this.

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18772 of 20728 Old 07-26-2019, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
Dark Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjohn View Post
Looks like I will be in Korea after all. Early September and only for a day. Not sure if you will be there then but it would sure be an interesting way to meet lol

Sadly, at that time I will most likely will be in Kansas

"LUCILLE IS THIRSTY!"
Bigjohn likes this.
post #18773 of 20728 Old 07-26-2019, 01:11 AM
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Quote:

Egad, only for a day?! You're on the plane more than you are on the ground.

I did a gig many moons ago in Japan for the Fuji Rock Festival, same sort of ordeal. Flew me in, played the gig, flew me out.
Bigjohn likes this.

GO BLUE!!
post #18774 of 20728 Old 07-26-2019, 01:32 AM
Leading Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacket View Post
Egad, only for a day?! You're on the plane more than you are on the ground.

I did a gig many moons ago in Japan for the Fuji Rock Festival, same sort of ordeal. Flew me in, played the gig, flew me out.

Are we ever going to get a local performance?

kacey likes this.

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
post #18775 of 20728 Old 07-26-2019, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Are we ever going to get a local performance?

Heck yeah man -- I'll hit you up with details when I have an upcoming public show. I do some weird rock stuff in town with a group called Jonny Sonic, some amazingly bitter sweet Americana with a dude named Matt Strutynski and all sorts of stuff in between. I also run the Seattle team for a event organization called SideOne and we'll often do cover dance sets at The Lime in Kirkland.

Un/fortunately I've completely sold out as an artist and my summers usually are playing events/weddings for millionaires/billionaires (I've got a wedding for a household name local department store owner this weekend in fact).

GO BLUE!!
post #18776 of 20728 Old 07-26-2019, 09:08 AM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:
Heck yeah man -- I'll hit you up with details when I have an upcoming public show. I do some weird rock stuff in town with a group called Jonny Sonic, some amazingly bitter sweet Americana with a dude named Matt Strutynski and all sorts of stuff in between. I also run the Seattle team for a event organization called SideOne and we'll often do cover dance sets at The Lime in Kirkland.

Un/fortunately I've completely sold out as an artist and my summers usually are playing events/weddings for millionaires/billionaires (I've got a wedding for a household name local department store owner this weekend in fact).
we all have our passions

unfortunately we also have to pay the bills
kacey likes this.

"In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world."
post #18777 of 20728 Old 07-26-2019, 10:36 AM
CAT WRANGLER

It always made me wonder when somebody was called a "great starving artist" .. if they're so great why the hell are they starvin?

You practice, get to the top of your game, you get paid.. ain't that how it works?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
msmith1986, kacey and Peapaw like this.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
post #18778 of 20728 Old 07-26-2019, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBC03 View Post
It always made me wonder when somebody was called a "great starving artist" .. if they're so great why the hell are they starvin?

You practice, get to the top of your game, you get paid.. ain't that how it works?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

When I was bouncing at bars back in the early 90s I knew a lot of aspiring actors and actresses that were excellent bartenders and waitresses. Some with years of schooling in their particular craft.

The bartender I worked with every weekend had an interview to do some modeling for a fashion magazine, but his motorcycle broke down, so he asked me to drive him. We walked in to the agency, and the woman that hires the models dragged us both into her office and asked if we came as a set. When u declined, because I just drove him to the interview she was disappointed.

He was 5'10", lean and lanky, dark skinned, black pony tailed, Puerto Rican. I was 5'6", muscled and stout, pale skinned, red headed, Irish-Scandinavian. She loved the contrast, and wanted to put us in advertisements....together.

Performing arts, canvas arts, sculptors, photographers ad-nausium...they can be the best at their particular craft, but they are at the mercy of the decision in the industry for their meal ticket. It's all about the "look" they want for a particular gig.

I was always happy to take their money, on the periphery, for security services, but I never wanted to be in the limelight.

Arizona - But, it's a dry heat!!!
Taz
msmith1986 likes this.

Taz
post #18779 of 20728 Old 07-26-2019, 12:31 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

Quote:

I am sure you don’t do it just to hear yourself play, you do it to entertain others. Might as well play for those with money and get paid for it. I mean, you could spend your days entertaining college kids, but then you’d be somewhat limited in your cigar options (swishers daily, white owl on weekends, Gurkhas for special occasions and anniversaries)

UBC03, Mark in wi and Peapaw like this.

post #18780 of 20728 Old 07-26-2019, 09:14 PM
HUHHH??

2 of 4 outbound this weekend.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
Bigjohn, Mark in wi and Dran like this.

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues." -- Abraham Lincoln
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page