Anti-Thread Jacking Banter - Page 1904 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 38266Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #19031 of 20358 Old 08-09-2019, 11:24 PM
H.R. Pufnstuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdvl View Post
Wifey bought me a new toy!!

My gas BBQ finally gave up the ghost a couple years ago, after 16 years of hard use. Needless to say, I've missed it. It's a long story, but I have another grill that is not available for my use on a daily basis.

My father in law has an electric grill that I have used several times, and my wife and I have been looking for one like it on sale for the last few months. My frugal wife is walking through Target, and sees this in the Clearance section!

So I arrive home, find my wife's car in the driveway, and wonder why she didn't park in the garage. Imagine my surprise when I open her garage door and see that in the middle of her parking spot!!

I assembled it the next day, and it was perfect. No damage or missing parts. I used it for the first time last night to burn it in and start seasoning it. I grilled a couple of chicken beasts and burgers. They took a little longer than usual to cook, but ultimately came out perfect.

Arizona - But, it's a dry heat!!!
Taz
No shame in that game. I love my lil electric steak burner!

Sent from: Bubba's Shine Palace...BYOJ...
Humphrey's Ghost and Dran like this.

....that's almost like flying on a plane with one wing. ~Cigary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19032 of 20358 Old 08-09-2019, 11:28 PM
H.R. Pufnstuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjohn View Post
Iíd drive that thing to the store

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's in the South now. Most of us drive a liquorsickle just like that....he's gonna fit right in...

Sent from: Bubba's Shine Palace...BYOJ...
OneStrangeOne, Bigjohn and Dran like this.

....that's almost like flying on a plane with one wing. ~Cigary
post #19033 of 20358 Old 08-10-2019, 12:09 AM
Just monkeyin' around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickorynut View Post
He's in the South now. Most of us drive a liquorsickle just like that....he's gonna fit right in...
Hmmm.... It's a lot easier to smoke a cigar and drink a beer on a lawn tractor than a zero turn mower.

I have my priorities.

I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time. - Mark Twain
post #19034 of 20358 Old 08-10-2019, 12:30 AM
No longer a community member.

True! I considered that... But a 4+hour mow time didn't sound fun to me.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
post #19035 of 20358 Old 08-10-2019, 01:37 AM
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dran View Post
I'm far from mechanically inclined.... But I used to be able to do a pretty good amount of my own maintenance on my 1st car, an '83 Chevy Caprice classic! Those were the days!

Those Caprice classics are hard to kill aside from the front springs leaving your front bumper almost to the ground.
I drive my C10 daily now after my Jeep went down and don't want to think about gettin one of those new fancy computer operated aluminum cans!
Like a rock! (In my Bob Seger voice) those ol Chevy commercials got me

Sent from the bottom of the rabbit hole getting settled in using Tapatalk
post #19036 of 20358 Old 08-10-2019, 01:43 AM
Full grown Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by curmudgeonista View Post
Hmmm.... It's a lot easier to smoke a cigar and drink a beer on a lawn tractor than a zero turn mower.

I have my priorities.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMPWkHT5o1M
My neighbor was able to drink his beer while cutting his lawn on a zero turn. He would walk out of the house open his beer fill the tank then cut the front yard. Stop for a refill and head to the back yard. He planned the way he cut depending on temperature, wife's mood, and time. On hot days or a bad mood he cut east/west which took a beer longer. Other wise he went north/south. He just would hold his beer between his thumb and pointer while cutting where more steering was needed. On straight passes the handles came to the center and drove with one hand so he could drink. Most times it was a 3 beer job but he could stretch it to 5 when he wanted to. Scariest part is his yard is only 3/4 of an acre! He bought a case of beef about every three days.

Grumpy...It's not just an attitude, it's a way of life!
post #19037 of 20358 Old 08-10-2019, 07:45 AM
CAT WRANGLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dran View Post
True! I considered that... But a 4+hour mow time didn't sound fun to me.

This'll solve your problem AND help you fit in with the neighbors in "Are Kansas"

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
post #19038 of 20358 Old 08-10-2019, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
AKA Vader Clause

Morning banter ! Happy Sat.

I am not dying until I am damn good and ready.
post #19039 of 20358 Old 08-10-2019, 01:11 PM
Retired Chaos Designer

Phone solicitors,,,
About 95% of the time Iím capable of simply hanging up, hitting the block button and moving on. The other 5% not so much, donít know why but every once in a while it triggers something in me that causes me to react in a very negative way. Had some free time one day and spent about an hour with some outfit trying to sell me an extended warranty on my truck, agreed with everything they said, told em what a fantastic offer they had, signed up for every possible upgrade and was practically begging them to take my money, finally got to the part where they transfer you to the supervisor to review close the deal, went thru his whole spiel then when he asked for the CC I told him to hold on while I dug it out, told him how grateful I was that they would offer such a fantastic deal on a truck with 375,000 miles on it. His response was slightly less than professional! I donít believe Iíve heard back from them since.
I think the ones that really get me are the ones that start off with Ďthis is not a sales callí then they launch into their sales pitch, Iím thinking Really! Youíre gonna start this off by lying to me?
Jankjr, Matt_21, UBC03 and 5 others like this.

If I see a stick that made a noob nic sick,I put it on my list as a must try. (UBC03)
post #19040 of 20358 Old 08-10-2019, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
AKA Vader Clause

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneStrangeOne View Post
Phone solicitors,,,
About 95% of the time Iím capable of simply hanging up, hitting the block button and moving on. The other 5% not so much, donít know why but every once in a while it triggers something in me that causes me to react in a very negative way. Had some free time one day and spent about an hour with some outfit trying to sell me an extended warranty on my truck, agreed with everything they said, told em what a fantastic offer they had, signed up for every possible upgrade and was practically begging them to take my money, finally got to the part where they transfer you to the supervisor to review close the deal, went thru his whole spiel then when he asked for the CC I told him to hold on while I dug it out, told him how grateful I was that they would offer such a fantastic deal on a truck with 375,000 miles on it. His response was slightly less than professional! I donít believe Iíve heard back from them since.
I think the ones that really get me are the ones that start off with Ďthis is not a sales callí then they launch into their sales pitch, Iím thinking Really! Youíre gonna start this off by lying to me?

I love this approach as well, very worth the 4 minutes of watching.

Matt_21, Bigjohn, tacket and 1 others like this.

I am not dying until I am damn good and ready.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page