Anti-Thread Jacking Banter - Page 1905 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 38336Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #19041 of 20398 Old 08-10-2019, 01:19 PM
CAT WRANGLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneStrangeOne View Post
Phone solicitors,,,

About 95% of the time Iím capable of simply hanging up, hitting the block button and moving on. The other 5% not so much, donít know why but every once in a while it triggers something in me that causes me to react in a very negative way. Had some free time one day and spent about an hour with some outfit trying to sell me an extended warranty on my truck, agreed with everything they said, told em what a fantastic offer they had, signed up for every possible upgrade and was practically begging them to take my money, finally got to the part where they transfer you to the supervisor to review close the deal, went thru his whole spiel then when he asked for the CC I told him to hold on while I dug it out, told him how grateful I was that they would offer such a fantastic deal on a truck with 375,000 miles on it. His response was slightly less than professional! I donít believe Iíve heard back from them since.

I think the ones that really get me are the ones that start off with Ďthis is not a sales callí then they launch into their sales pitch, Iím thinking Really! Youíre gonna start this off by lying to me?
Did that with a home security sales person .. I was laid off and bored. Went on about 90 minutes. I signed up for everything ready to schedule the installation, then told em " I rent, and I should probably discuss it with my landlord" the guy went nuts about me wasting HIS TIME. One of my most satisfying moments.

When I was just out of high school the navy called me multiple times a day. I told em I was a heroine addict wanted to quit and would join if they would pay to send me to rehab. The guy stumbled over his words for a minute then informed me that maybe I wasn't navy material..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19042 of 20398 Old 08-10-2019, 01:25 PM
No longer a community member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dran View Post
And in other news, I got a big new toy for my big new yard!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Excellent choice! Great looking mower. I like how it has the pulley/belt covers too.
And for those saying you cant have a beer and a cigar on a zero turn...you're not trying hard enough.
Beer in one hand cigar in the other. Press levers with the butt of your palms. When you need to take a pull of either, you just move one hand over and steer both with one hand.
Ask how I know
OneStrangeOne, Dran and kacey like this.
post #19043 of 20398 Old 08-10-2019, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_21 View Post
When you need to take a pull of either, you just move one hand over and steer both with one hand.
I got the easy button! Each lever stays in position when not held, so I just kick the throttle back a smidge, use 1 hand to do what needs done, and get back at it before the end of my very long straight aways!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Matt_21 and OneStrangeOne like this.
post #19044 of 20398 Old 08-10-2019, 02:10 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

Quote:
Phone solicitors,,,

About 95% of the time Iím capable of simply hanging up, hitting the block button and moving on. The other 5% not so much, donít know why but every once in a while it triggers something in me that causes me to react in a very negative way. Had some free time one day and spent about an hour with some outfit trying to sell me an extended warranty on my truck, agreed with everything they said, told em what a fantastic offer they had, signed up for every possible upgrade and was practically begging them to take my money, finally got to the part where they transfer you to the supervisor to review close the deal, went thru his whole spiel then when he asked for the CC I told him to hold on while I dug it out, told him how grateful I was that they would offer such a fantastic deal on a truck with 375,000 miles on it. His response was slightly less than professional! I donít believe Iíve heard back from them since.

I think the ones that really get me are the ones that start off with Ďthis is not a sales callí then they launch into their sales pitch, Iím thinking Really! Youíre gonna start this off by lying to me?

I do different things depending on my mood and whether they catch me on a good day or a bad day. 90% of the time, when I see one of those numbers, I answer the phone ďpolice departmentĒ. That gets them off the phone very fast. There are days when I tell them things that would make the toughest sailors shiver, especially with scam calls of ďyour account was compromisedĒ or ďyour social security benefits are being cancelledĒ. Every now and again, with regular sales calls, I will listen to their pitch and proceed looking for my credit card while putting them on hold for the next 2 hours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UBC03, OneStrangeOne and kacey like this.

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
post #19045 of 20398 Old 08-10-2019, 02:50 PM
One of the a-holes

Nice toy @Dran.

Solicitors, I tell them, ďRon passed away recently.Ē

Blue Lives Matter
post #19046 of 20398 Old 08-10-2019, 03:59 PM

Speaking of solicitation...

Hello stranger, if you read this I don't respond to a brand new member with no posts who follows me and sends me a PM, with absolutely no introduction.
post #19047 of 20398 Old 08-10-2019, 04:19 PM
Retired Chaos Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peapaw View Post

Hello stranger, if you read this I don't respond to a brand new member with no posts who follows me and sends me a PM, with absolutely no introduction.
You have your very own stalker? Dang, now Iím feeling neglected 😢
kacey, Peapaw and zcziggy like this.

If I see a stick that made a noob nic sick,I put it on my list as a must try. (UBC03)
post #19048 of 20398 Old 08-10-2019, 04:22 PM

Quote:
You have your very own stalker? Dang, now Iím feeling neglected
I'll tell him, her, or it that you're interested.
OneStrangeOne, kacey and zcziggy like this.
post #19049 of 20398 Old 08-10-2019, 04:27 PM
Retired Chaos Designer

Quote:
I'll tell him, her, or it that you're interested.
Mighty kind of you!
Peapaw and zcziggy like this.

If I see a stick that made a noob nic sick,I put it on my list as a must try. (UBC03)
post #19050 of 20398 Old 08-10-2019, 11:41 PM
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Quote:

Maybe it's that chick that was hitting on your wife not to long ago... Looks like she was serious!

Sent from the bottom of the rabbit hole getting settled in using Tapatalk
kacey, Peapaw and zcziggy like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page