Anti-Thread Jacking Banter - Page 2034 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 38795Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #20331 of 20615 Old 12-05-2019, 02:55 PM
Minister of Propaganda

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex61 View Post
Jeez, I’ll feel so insignificant now. All I got was an offer for an extended car warranty.
I used to get those several times a week. One day, I actually held on and talked to the sales rep. Nice guy, and I enjoyed our chat. I even tried to buy the warranty. As it turns out, my 20-years-old Toyota doesn't qualify. Something about 375,000 miles that scared them off. I don't get it.

I don't get those calls anymore. Maybe I should call them about the cars I have on blocks since they don't accrue a lot of miles?

When drone technology advances, hands-free umbrellas are going to be incredible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20332 of 20615 Old 12-05-2019, 03:17 PM
CAT WRANGLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Up View Post
I used to get those several times a week. One day, I actually held on and talked to the sales rep. Nice guy, and I enjoyed our chat. I even tried to buy the warranty. As it turns out, my 20-years-old Toyota doesn't qualify. Something about 375,000 miles that scared them off. I don't get it.

I don't get those calls anymore. Maybe I should call them about the cars I have on blocks since they don't accrue a lot of miles?
I signed up for a whole house security system. Bought all the bells and whistles. Any thing he mentioned, I bought. After over an hour I asked if it mattered that I rented and I'd have to talk to my landlord.. he freaked.

I was laid off and bored as hell and had all the time in the world..

Sent from. .. HAPPY HOLIDAYS.. YA JAGGOFFS
lex61, Hickorynut, zcziggy and 2 others like this.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
post #20333 of 20615 Old 12-05-2019, 05:43 PM
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Got a call from India a few weeks ago. They said they're the IRS, and I am behind on my taxes., and needed to send gift cards to them to pay the debt. I said my taxes were already paid. They said they are sending the sheriff's department to arrest me. I told them to tell the sheriff to hurry up, because I am leaving in 25 minutes to run errands. He got pissed and hung up.
lex61 and zcziggy like this.

"Kerosene is fuel Brian, Red Bull is fuel. Kerosene is Red Bull." ~ Peter Griffin
post #20334 of 20615 Old 12-05-2019, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
Dark Lord

“I have you now” - Vader
Rondo, poppajon75, lex61 and 4 others like this.

I am not dying until I am damn good and ready.
post #20335 of 20615 Old 12-05-2019, 07:06 PM
Full grown Puffer Fish

I got one of those asking if I was interested in vacation information. I said that would be great to which they asked when I wanted to go. I said it had to be this week or in 3-5 years with good behavior. They said they would call back in a couple years and see if I’m still interested.
jmt8706 likes this.

Grumpy...It's not just an attitude, it's a way of life!
post #20336 of 20615 Old 12-05-2019, 07:37 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBC03 View Post
I'm getting robocalls in freakin Chinese.. WTF.. if you're gonna be annoying at least let me know what you're sellin..

Sent from. .. HAPPY HOLIDAYS.. YA JAGGOFFS

I get at least a couple of calls a day in Chinese. More frustrating, I get no less than 10 calls a day from the “Social Security administration” canceling my Social Security number. Sucks because I have to answer my phone for work, can’t block them because they keep using different area codes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UBC03, Wheels Up and jmt8706 like this.

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
post #20337 of 20615 Old 12-05-2019, 07:39 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby-cr View Post
He may be green but he's no Gumby

Anyone buying one? I heard on the radio these things just went on presale but delivery is not until May 2020. Apparently the world is going crazy over this toy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
post #20338 of 20615 Old 12-05-2019, 08:54 PM
H.R. Pufnstuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex61 View Post
Winner! Bwahaaaha!

Sent from: Bubba's Shine Palace...BYOJ...
jmt8706 likes this.

....that's almost like flying on a plane with one wing. ~Cigary
post #20339 of 20615 Old 12-05-2019, 08:56 PM
H.R. Pufnstuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by curmudgeonista View Post
Everyday!

And yesterday I got seven calls in a row from "Apple" about "my iCloud being compromised". One after another after another. Scam! No phish for you!
Oh....next you'll get the call us back or you will be incarcerated calls....that's what followed the apple calls for me...

jmt8706 likes this.

....that's almost like flying on a plane with one wing. ~Cigary
post #20340 of 20615 Old 12-06-2019, 12:22 AM
Just monkeyin' around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickorynut View Post
Oh....next you'll get the call us back or you will be incarcerated calls....that's what followed the apple calls for me...

LOL, yes I've had those too.

Tonight I got a call about "my" alarm system. it went something like this... (me trying to imitate her thick Indian accent with my best Simpsons' Apu impression)...

Caller: Hello, is this Jack?
Me: What do want?
Caller: This is Susan (her name is clearly not Susan). I am calling about your alarm system.
Me: Oh my goodness! Is something wrong with my alarm system? (calling to my wife) Preetha... Preetha... Oh my goodness... There is something wrong with our alarm...
Caller (quickly shifting gears): No... Sir... Sir... There is nothing wrong with your alarm. But we need to update it. I have a special price for you on...
Me (interrupting): Oh my goodness. You mean the alarm I put in last month needs updating already? Preetha... Preetha...
Caller: Uh... No... It's fine... I will take you off the call list.

I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time. - Mark Twain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page