Puffer Fish with some spikes

WTS section

What happen to the WTS section???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 09-29-2010, 08:51 PM
Lord Fugu

Re: WTS section

It's there. Looks like you don't have enough posts to access it.

For all the kids who'd rather flame than talk, I refuse to post.
post #3 of 23 Old 09-29-2010, 08:51 PM
Smoked Walleye

You may not have enough posts to go there. The amount of posts probably has changed since you joined. Not sure how many post you need, but that would be my guess.

If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little-George Carlin[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

post #4 of 23 Old 09-29-2010, 09:31 PM
Maturing Puffer Fish

Send a message via AIM to AxemansHell

I believe they raised the minimum post count to 100 to access. Kind of sucks if you are not the "chatty" type.
post #5 of 23 Old 09-29-2010, 09:33 PM
SGT. SMOKE

Habanos Discussion and Want to Buy, Sell, or Trade Forums
You must have been a member of Puff.com for at least 90 days and you must have at least 100 post before you can post a new thread or reply to a thread in the Habanos Forums or any of the Want to Buy/S/T Forums.

https://www.puff.com/forums/vb/questi...ered-here.html

and

https://www.puff.com/forums/vb/forum-...m-changes.html

Support our troops.... Sgt. Smoke USMC....Semper Fi :gn
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #6 of 23 Old 09-29-2010, 11:24 PM
Puffer Fish with some spikes

OK, so I've read through these threads but it still doesn't explain the rationale behind these restrictions. Quite honestly, these rules are unfair and promote exclusivity, two things that don't jive with the sense of "brother/sister-hood" that cigar enthusiasts claim to share. Perhaps there is a very valid reason for these prohibitive measures. If so, for those in the know - please explain them. I suppose I could easily attain the magical 100th post by adding inane, two-word comments like "Great thread", "Thanks . . .", or "Cellophane Off", but these kind of posts don't contribute anything of value. Who knew being overly talkative was a BAD thing?
post #7 of 23 Old 09-29-2010, 11:28 PM
JGD
Formally "jadeg001"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninersfan View Post
OK, so I've read through these threads but it still doesn't explain the rationale behind these restrictions. Quite honestly, these rules are unfair and promote exclusivity, two things that don't jive with the sense of "brother/sister-hood" that cigar enthusiasts claim to share. Perhaps there is a very valid reason for these prohibitive measures. If so, for those in the know - please explain them. I suppose I could easily attain the magical 100th post by adding inane, two-word comments like "Great thread", "Thanks . . .", or "Cellophane Off", but these kind of posts don't contribute anything of value. Who knew being overly talkative was a BAD thing?
The WTS forum is a privilege for those who contribute to the forum in a positive way (you can have the post count and the amount of time necessary and still be barred from that section). A good reason for this is that people could come here just to buy/ sell cigars and not contribute to the community.
post #8 of 23 Old 09-30-2010, 12:00 AM
Lord Fugu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeg001 View Post
The WTS forum is a privilege for those who contribute to the forum in a positive way (you can have the post count and the amount of time necessary and still be barred from that section). A good reason for this is that people could come here just to buy/ sell cigars and not contribute to the community.
Not to mention the fact that in the past people have come here and taken advantage of the trust of the people here, and either taken payment for something without sending it, or received something from one of us without ever sending a payment.

It keeps people from joining, ripping someone off, and then rejoining with a new ID just to do it again.

For all the kids who'd rather flame than talk, I refuse to post.
post #9 of 23 Old 09-30-2010, 12:16 AM
Will work for Padrons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninersfan View Post
Or instead of posting inane comments you can just contribute. Post a review, post in the Latest Purchase thread. There are lots of ways to contribute. There just needs to be measure to protect this very generous and trusting place from those who just lurk on the internet to make a quick buck by scamming someone. Contributing positively to this forum has its advantages way beyond the WTS section.

BTW on some forums post count required to view the marketplace are as high as 500 post. Once you get settled in you will notice how minimal the protection is here because generally people are very honest, we just need to keep the bad seeds out.
post #10 of 23 Old 09-30-2010, 12:23 AM
Leading Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubels View Post
Or instead of posting inane comments you can just contribute. Post a review, post in the Latest Purchase thread. There are lots of ways to contribute. There just needs to be measure to protect this very generous and trusting place from those who just lurk on the internet to make a quick buck by scamming someone. Contributing positively to this forum has its advantages way beyond the WTS section.
Also, join up in the Noob PIF, that's always a blast and a great way to try out new cigars. Or join in in some contests, there's a lot to do and talk about on here.

Even a relative introvert like me can add to some of the conversations that go on here.

While I agree that it's a bit different from other forums that often give instant access to classified sections, there's apart of me that likes that you have to put in some time and effort to take part. I've done a few trades purchases here, and because I had to put the posts and time in here, I felt comfortable sending the money because I feel like I know the people that I traded with. And I like to think that the seller felt the same since they had gotten to know me.

Just my .02, and all of this is meant in the most respectful manner.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
section, wts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page