WTT WTS suggestion - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 03-21-2008, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up WTT WTS suggestion

I think that after a sale or trade has been completed the thread should be closed. After all the point of the thread was to sell an item and after they've done that i see no need to keep it open.

The main reason I'm suggesting this is for organizational purposes, it will help keep sales that are still ongoing at the top. And it also saves the buyer time.

I personally found it very troublesome to have to go into a thread and read through it to determine the sale status, if we have the op PM a moderator after the sale has been completed we could keep the Buy/Sell a more "friendly" place
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-21-2008, 09:45 AM
Ya Damn Right

Re: WTT WTS suggestion

I second the notion. I think the same should go for contests.
post #3 of 8 Old 03-21-2008, 09:48 AM
Scratching Itches

Sales and trades are closed by the mods when the seller posts that it is done. It is denoted by a / through the folder in the left hand column.

You can never have too many cigars, they are like an investment in good times.:ss
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

post #4 of 8 Old 03-21-2008, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

hmm, i see what you mean with the slash thing, but I found a couple threads where this wasn't the case

i saw the bold one liner under the rules that "suggests" the op to post when the deals done

What about instituting this as a rule that can be flexible, like if a mod sees this like post some big bold red text...something to get the word out

so lets say a seller continually (more than 5) ignores the rule to notify a mod, that person there-in loses selling privileges for like a week or two

overall, im not trying to make this a harsh punishment type thing, but i just found it frustrating that more threads weren't closed... [/rant]
post #5 of 8 Old 03-21-2008, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBucket101 View Post
hmm, i see what you mean with the slash thing, but I found a couple threads where this wasn't the case

i saw the bold one liner under the rules that "suggests" the op to post when the deals done

What about instituting this as a rule that can be flexible, like if a mod sees this like post some big bold red text...something to get the word out

so lets say a seller continually (more than 5) ignores the rule to notify a mod, that person there-in loses selling privileges for like a week or two

overall, im not trying to make this a harsh punishment type thing, but i just found it frustrating that more threads weren't closed... [/rant]
The moderator team does what it can to close threads when appropriate.

As for your suggestion making it a rule, that just piles on overhead for the moderators to track each and every seller/sale. It would be a nightmare to oversee/track the seller and the failuer to notify count. Besides, we like to keep the jungle as low-key and friendly as possible. More rules and restrictions with consequences goes against the CS philosophy.

If you come across these sale that are done and still open, feel free to PM me and I will be glad to close them. A famous quote (I can't remember who said it) "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem."
post #6 of 8 Old 03-21-2008, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBucket101 View Post

overall, im not trying to make this a harsh punishment type thing, but i just found it frustrating that more threads weren't closed...
:hn
post #7 of 8 Old 03-21-2008, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyj23 View Post
:hn
Ask yourself, "What do I hope to accomplish by making such a post?"
post #8 of 8 Old 03-21-2008, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
The moderator team does what it can to close threads when appropriate.

As for your suggestion making it a rule, that just piles on overhead for the moderators to track each and every seller/sale. It would be a nightmare to oversee/track the seller and the failuer to notify count. Besides, we like to keep the jungle as low-key and friendly as possible. More rules and restrictions with consequences goes against the CS philosophy.

If you come across these sale that are done and still open, feel free to PM me and I will be glad to close them. A famous quote (I can't remember who said it) "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem."
They can also just "report the post" and that will automatically notify all the mods that it needs to be closed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
suggestion, wts, wtt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page