Last Night On Cayman - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 12-23-2014, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Last Night On Cayman

The last night of our vacation on Grand Cayman enjoying my first Padron 2000. A very pleasant smoke to finish a relaxing week on the beach.

Last Night On Cayman-img_0360.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 12-23-2014, 01:24 PM
No longer a community member.

Re: Last Night On Cayman

Sounds like a pleasant evening. Safe travels home, Bill!
post #3 of 15 Old 12-23-2014, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Thanks Tobias!! I'm actually home already as of Saturday night...just hadn't put up the picture til now. :mrgreen:

post #4 of 15 Old 12-23-2014, 02:56 PM
Young Puffer Fish

Excellent choice, maybe my favorite cigar. That or the 6000. Seems I compare all my smokes to those two.
post #5 of 15 Old 12-23-2014, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Glad I saved the Padron for the last night since it was pretty calm, while most of the week was fairly windy, so I had to smoke a little faster than I would like or deal with multiple relights without a torch lighter. So the flavor of my other sticks wasn't as good as it normally would have been. I'll just have to try all those a few more times to see how they really are.
@deadrift how much different in flavor are the different vitolas in the x000 series? Are they all close, or is there significant difference betweeen the different sizes? I bought the 2000 since it was my first and was the least expensive...I'll be getting more of those for sure.
post #6 of 15 Old 12-23-2014, 03:43 PM
Fugu Sashimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilroy View Post
...how much different in flavor are the different vitolas in the x000 series? Are they all close, or is there significant difference betweeen the different sizes?
The Padron 3000 & 6000 are very similar in size (5.50 X 52). The difference being the 6000 is a torpedo. The 2000 is slightly smaller and thinner (5 X 50). Some people say the torpedo shape amplifies the flavor delivery to your mouth. Personally, I usually end up cutting up most of the torpedoness in order to get a decent draw. In my opinion the 2000, 3000, and 6000 are very similar flavor/performance wise. I don't usually go for the larger ring gauge vitolas because of the burn issues that seem to accompany them. Also, in the back of my mind I believe having a larger ring gauge messes with the filler/binder/wrapper ratio and thus impacts flavor. This, of course, is an opinion I maintain which hovers precariously between hypothesis and conspiracy theory status...
post #7 of 15 Old 12-23-2014, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Thanks Jarrett...I agree on the ring size as I usually stick to around 50 or less...tried a 60 rg once and although it was fine, it just seemed like a log in my mouth...:mrgreen: Sometimes I'll go up to 52 if its one I particularly like. I was able to bring back some Mag46 and Mag50 from some unnamed island on my return from Cayman, so after I let them sit for awhile, i'll see how they are.
post #8 of 15 Old 12-23-2014, 04:47 PM
Fugu Sashimi

Dammit! Now you've got me thinking about Padrons!
post #9 of 15 Old 12-23-2014, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethernomad View Post
Dammit! Now you've got me thinking about Padrons!
That's what this forum has been doing to me in the short time I've been here, only not JUST Padrons..............:laugh:
post #10 of 15 Old 12-23-2014, 07:53 PM
Young Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilroy View Post
how much different in flavor are the different vitolas in the x000 series?
@Ilroy, first off, I haven't had all that much experience with cigars in general. Having said that, my experience between these two vitolas has been surprisingly different. The 2000's I'v smoked have been more blue collar, salt of the earth type gigs whereas the 6000's have been much brighter even sweeter ordeals. The 6000's have always given me at least some twang as well. (I've heard that only CC has that so maybe I just don't know what twang is). Some have had it throughout. If it's not twang then whatever it is a killer taste/feel. Maybe I just lucked in to an exceptional box of 6000's, but so far they have been spectacular. I've had only 1- 3000, it was very similar to the 2000. I have a 5000 waiting in the box for me now for yet another comparison. At any rate, they're Padrons, what can go wrong?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page