Scary cigar break last night. - Page 2 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 83Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 26 Old 10-25-2017, 08:52 PM
The Great Green One

A few summers ago late at night I was sprayed by a skunk while smoking at my fire pit...I haven't smoked in the backyard since. This squirrel last week got really curious while smoking on my porch
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	22405632_10210613975605570_6474867685810259403_n.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	161810  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 Old 10-25-2017, 08:59 PM
Director of Sarcasm

Location: I live in two different states....Confusion and Disoriented.

Just an ex wife and she would make those wolves or dogs look like little playthings.

Busting balls since 1954.
My Indian Name...Lives For Cigars
post #13 of 26 Old 10-25-2017, 10:37 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Had an opossum get within 5 feet of me on the porch one evening when I was having a midnight cigar.

Not a fan of their creepy looks but I just raised my feet and willed it to go on by. He saw my feet move and beat feet through the bushes.

Hear screech owls from time to time, have bats over head, and the odd cat comes by to look.

Few blocks over, near the bayou, the yotes are getting brave and killing domestic animals.

I don't know what I don't know.

post #14 of 26 Old 10-25-2017, 10:58 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Only thing I get are raccoons and deer but when the motion-activated lights come on the hair on my arms stands up anyway.
Scap likes this.
post #15 of 26 Old 10-25-2017, 11:22 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

We get all kinds of wildlife around here. Mostly red fox, raccoon, possum, coyote, whitetail. Strange thing here is, every once in a blue moon a black bear or mountain lion shows up in the northern end of the county.
Those 2 are mostly northern PA animals we see up at the cabin in Tioga county, close to NY border. Even some elk up there too. We had a black bear on the porch one time trying to get in for some dinner. My wife had a 44 mag in her hand, that was kind of funny.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
Piper, huffer33 and Mister Stogie like this.

'I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form' -Winston Churchil
post #16 of 26 Old 10-25-2017, 11:55 PM
Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith1986 View Post
We get all kinds of wildlife around here. Mostly red fox, raccoon, possum, coyote, whitetail. Strange thing here is, every once in a blue moon a black bear or mountain lion shows up in the northern end of the county.
Those 2 are mostly northern PA animals we see up at the cabin in Tioga county, close to NY border. Even some elk up there too. We had a black bear on the porch one time trying to get in for some dinner. My wife had a 44 mag in her hand, that was kind of funny.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
It took several years to finally figure out all the ways opossums and groundhogs got under our porch and attached enclosed areas. A big groundhog in a live trap is a handful, but nothing like waking up to a skunk in there and trying to figure out the release plan. Deer momma raised two this year and bedded in front of the house most of the summer.

One of my favorites was when my wife put out fake rubber snakes to protect her plants in the front garden from the bunnies etc.. Woke up and an owl or some terrestrial night predator gave it the kill shake, leveled her plants with it like a weedwacker, and dropped it off 30' away in the yard.
Piper, Scap, JohnBrody15 and 3 others like this.
post #17 of 26 Old 10-26-2017, 01:37 AM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Believe it or not, coyotes are a big deal in Los Angeles. There's all kinds of hills that outline the city and county. Plus some suburbs within, have a decent amount of space with canyons, cliffs, and a lot of area set aside for people with horses. Surprisingly, they'll make it into mainly suburban areas and I don't know where they go....like Long Beach or Harbor City if you're familiar with those areas. Where I am, there's enough canyons for the coyotes to run around and be a problem.

It's sad, every week they're killing someone's pets. Some numbnuts runs around the area at night in a ghillie suit and films them with night vision cameras. He posts about it on this local website for the neighborhood. Who does that?!
msmith1986 likes this.
post #18 of 26 Old 06-26-2018, 03:20 AM
Just started smoki'n...

Depends on what i'm smoking really. If I smoke a cigar then there seems to be nothing out there, I don't notice or hear them. if I smoke something rolled closer to home then it's drop bears, bunyips, feral panthers, I have even seen thylacines fighting, and they are extinct! Rolling close to home brings out the perception receptors!
Scap, Mattador and huffer33 like this.

Smoke in the hills
post #19 of 26 Old 06-26-2018, 06:56 AM
No longer a community member.

Got a squirrel who is Appearently a BOTL, he's never too shy when im outside smoking, but one time I'm sitting there listening to Ol' blue eyes, puffing away. I feel a tiny little tug on my shirt, look down. Heres this fat ol' graytail giving me the once over. I calmly said something and the sound of my voice was enough to coax him slowly away😂
post #20 of 26 Old 06-26-2018, 11:19 AM
Full grown Puffer Fish

We have them around here too. Usually not aggressive toward humans but pets are fair game to them. My wife went to let our lab out the side door near a pear tree; two yotes were there and they looked at her then each other then back to my wife with a look of "Ok we'll go but theses are ours." Earlier this summer the neighbors cocker spaniel puppy was chasing and barking at a small yote, she chased it down and when she looked up there were 2 in front of her, 2 more on the left, and a fifth coming behind from the left. Her husband saw this and chased them off but it shook her up. My wife's coworker had a similar experience in one of the preserves in northern Illinois. He was walking a full grown golden retriever when he looked up to see 2 in front, one on each side, and 2 more behind him. They were scared off when 5 ladies came riding up talking and laughing but it scared him enough to call the DNR, which had gotten many complaints already including a few lost pets. Coyotes usually are scared away from people but you have to be careful of the ones that are not.
msmith1986 and huffer33 like this.

Grumpy...It's not just an attitude, it's a way of life!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page