What are you watching? - Page 5 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 47 Old 11-19-2019, 04:53 AM Thread Starter
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Gotta start watching Man In The High Castle again. I think I stopped after episode 1.
Rondo and Mich_smoker like this.

"Kerosene is fuel Brian, Red Bull is fuel. Kerosene is Red Bull." ~ Peter Griffin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 47 Old 11-22-2019, 12:58 AM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Just finished Mindhunter season 2. Good stuff.
post #43 of 47 Old 11-22-2019, 01:15 AM Thread Starter

I watched the Karate Kid marathon on IFC. Love those movies.
Gumby-cr likes this.

"Kerosene is fuel Brian, Red Bull is fuel. Kerosene is Red Bull." ~ Peter Griffin

post #44 of 47 Old 11-23-2019, 11:26 AM
Full grown Puffer Fish

Harry Potter marathon this weekend.
UBC03 and jmt8706 like this.
post #45 of 47 Old 11-29-2019, 10:35 AM
The Great Green One

Watched The Irishman on Netflix over the course of two nights. Only issue I had were a few scenes of the CGI to make a few actors look younger. Kind of took me out of the film honestly. Other than that I thought it was a fantastic film. Not sure I will be watching it again anytime soon though due to the length of the movie.
jmt8706 likes this.
post #46 of 47 Old 11-29-2019, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Currently watching Public Enemies.

post #47 of 47 Old 11-30-2019, 04:19 AM
Just monkeyin' around!

Free HBO weekend gave us access to Chernobyl and started it tonight with the first episode. Shocking! We're bingers - I expect to go through it all before the weekend's out, even with several football games planned as well.

My wife and I recently finished the latest offerings of The Crown, Peaky Blinders, Jack Ryan, and Yellowstone. All terrific! Also really enjoyed El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie, essentially an extended single episode wrap-up of the Jesse Pinkman character from Breaking Bad.

We were also exited about season 4 of The Man in the High Castle, but dropped it a few episodes in, even after investing time into the first 3 seasons. Like a lot of shows that become very popular, IMO they've tried to stretch it into more episodes/seasons than they actually have material for. For me it became boring, confusing, and I completely ceased to even care what happened to any of the characters. (apologies to High Castle fans)

Tried Catherine the Great too, but only made it through one-and-a-quarter episodes before ditching. Sorry to say, Helen Mirren is simply too old at 74 to play the empress at 33. Plus they tried much too hard to inject today's social activism and morals (or lack thereof) into an historical drama that at times became nothing more than soft-core pron. Stay away... unless you have a granny fetish (I don't want to know, though)!

Now looking forward to the new season of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel in a few days, and juiced on the news that Tom Hardy's Taboo will release another season next year!

I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time. - Mark Twain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page