• Average Prices
  • Lots of Lighters
  • Able to Smoke Inside

Cons:
  • 75% RH
  • 75%RH
  • 75%RH
  • Dust

Well then. So I work right across the street. Anyways, I decide to go in. Walk into the walk in at the back. The lighting is low, it's cluttered. Not that those are really large issues. Walk up to look at some Olivas, there's crap all over the cello. It's not mold, it's not plume - it's dust. There's dust on every stick that I see. See some open boxes of Ashton VSGs (what the hell are they doing here), the foot of a Spellbound looks like it went through a paper shredder. Keep looking around, see some interesting stuff. Find the thermostat device for the active humidification. it's reading 75.2%. WTF? I mean... perhaps they were trying to season the $1000 Altadis Promo Humidor in the front of the store. It would have been one thing if this was a liquor shop store with 200 cigars. But this was an actual tobacco store, with three employees, in a high-end location and you couldn't even dust the freakin' place. I look around, VSGs (amongst a whole bunch of other Ashtons), all of the Oliva line sans the Serie V, MBIII and Nubs, Montecristo 75ths, CAO MX2 boxes and they are all being put to death by 75.2% RH.

$15 for a Montecristo 75th Lancero isn't too bad. Some prices are a little off: $6 for Siglos. I pick up some $4 stick and go to checkout. The person who rings me up asks me if I want the cigar clipped? No... this thing needs about 8 days of dryboxing.

Perhaps I walked into the super aging humidor? Perhaps the humidor is 5% off? Perhaps I just misread? Perhaps the dust was imaginary? Perhaps the VSG didn't go to a paper shredder? Perhaps I shouldn't give this store a F.

No.

Do yourself a favor and go down to Cigar Warehouse. (Park and Tollway, in front of the Super Target next to Starbucks) They have the best pricing and selection in the city. More VSGs then I've seen in my life (15 boxes of Wizards the other week) and some of the nicest staff around.

http://twitter.com/charlieminato
editor, halfwheel.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
plano, row, tobacco

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page