Updated Cigar Smoking on Cruise Ships - Page 6 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 58 Old 03-20-2014, 08:54 PM
Trust Me, I'm Not Lion

Re: Updated Cigar Smoking on Cruise Ships

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGHT View Post
Just got back from a 12 day on Norwegian Sun out of FL and was pretty disappointed. Zero places to smoke cigars inside the ship and you had 3 places TOTAL to smoke outside.

1. small corner with a total of 4 tables in the main area by the pool which was always full.
2. 4 2 person table and 2 4 person tables on a tiny area out back
3. 4 4 person tables on a small area up on deck 12 away from a bar.

Because there is very little places to smoke on the ship outside just about every place was occupied with cigarette smokers majority of the time. Even if you could find a free table the tiny dedicated areas almost always had every table full which means your smoking in a crowd of 10-15 people in an small area. Majority of the time I just lit up in a area not being used and moved away if anyone complained. The sad part is they have 3 bars that all allowed cigarette smoking, but refused to let anyone smoke cigars!!
That's beat. Thanks for the heads-up. Personally, I would have raised hell until I was allowed to smoke where the cig smokers were, unless I had previously signed a waver of non-smokingness or some bull. That's ridiculous.

I <3 Cigars
Temporary Ban 30 days
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 58 Old 04-29-2014, 01:11 AM
Full grown Puffer Fish

Royal Caribbean, Serenade of the Seas - finished 7 day from NOLA first of April. Specific areas only and outside for both cigars and cigarettes. Of course I think cigarettes should be banned anyway, wow they stink (:::

KL License #2157
post #53 of 58 Old 04-29-2014, 09:54 AM
Full grown Puffer Fish

Location: Massachusetts and Grand Cayman Island depending on the weather

Did a 10 day NCL cruise to the Caribbean last January, and while there were no places inside to smoke and no cigar lounge, there was no problem joining the cigarette smokers outside in a corner area by the pool. NCL seems to be the most lenient all around. Also, we took local transport (buses) to several relatively empty beautiful beaches on a few of the islands, and there is nothing nicer than burning a stick on the beach after a day of snorkeling.

post #54 of 58 Old 06-13-2014, 08:09 PM
Young Fish

On the NCL Breakaway out of Miami in May.

Cigar smokers limited to a small cigar lounge with outside deck access and a small covered deck area. Cig smokers even more limited although they could smoke on balconies. Cig smoking was limited to a semi-enclosed area with about 12 chairs and 4 or so tables on the pool deck. Cig smokers flocked to the small but otherwise nice cigar lounge........ at least they moved through very quickly! A good hit of nicotine and they were gone!

However, the outside space was another story! Cig smokers would fill up the seats and stay forever!

A fellow BOTL was asked to leave the pool side area as soon as he lite up!

The first night out, I spend a couple of hours in the lounge and my clothers reeked so bad that I was accused of smoking in the cabin! After that, I sought out the on deck cigar area!

Still it was an enjoyable 9 days and I would do the newer NCL ships again!
post #55 of 58 Old 08-05-2014, 05:19 AM
Maturing Puffer Fish

HAL Statendam; Navigation Deck, outside by pool.

It sucks as HAL use to have a cigar lounge on most of the ships.
post #56 of 58 Old 08-05-2014, 09:37 AM
Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

You guys are a lot easier than I am. There is nothing on any cruise ship I have ever been on that distinguishes a separation of cigars from cigarettes other than someone saying so. If its not in writing on anything that I signed and its a designated smoking area I'm going to light up a stick if I feel like it. If they say I have to put it out then I will, just as soon as they make all the cigarette smokers stop smoking as well. I've not had this problem yet on RC or Carnival. I've smoked in the cigar lounges, in the on deck areas trying to keep myself downwind of others, and on my balcony and never an issue.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. ~Albert Einstein
post #57 of 58 Old 08-05-2014, 10:26 AM
Temp Ban for Rules Violation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
You guys are a lot easier than I am. There is nothing on any cruise ship I have ever been on that distinguishes a separation of cigars from cigarettes other than someone saying so. If its not in writing on anything that I signed and its a designated smoking area I'm going to light up a stick if I feel like it. If they say I have to put it out then I will, just as soon as they make all the cigarette smokers stop smoking as well. I've not had this problem yet on RC or Carnival. I've smoked in the cigar lounges, in the on deck areas trying to keep myself downwind of others, and on my balcony and never an issue.
Unfortunately you do sign an agreement to follow the instructions of the crew.

:sing: Puff the Magic Blowfish lived in the sea; But how he smoked underwater is a mystery to me. :sing:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #58 of 58 Old 12-12-2014, 12:15 AM
Temp Ban for Rules Violation

On Grand princess (just got back) there were a lot of cigar smokers every evening in the aft smoking area on deck 15 outside the nightclub, and no one bothered us. Officially against the rules, but no problems. There was always crew out there on smoking breaks - cigarettes only - but all was cool. It was actually a pretty nice place to bring a glass of port (from the bottle we were allowed to bring on board but were only supposed to drink in our cabin) and a cigar.

:sing: Puff the Magic Blowfish lived in the sea; But how he smoked underwater is a mystery to me. :sing:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
cigar, cruise, ships, smoking, updated

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page