Something for motion sickness anybody - Page 3 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 25 Old 06-02-2014, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Full grown Puffer Fish

Re: Something for motion sickness anybody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Zurg View Post
sipping on a Vernors helps a lot for me - the ginger plus the fizzy seems to take the edge off.

As far as drugs, have you tried dramamine?
Yes, keep it on me.

Thanks

KL License #2157
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 Old 06-02-2014, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Full grown Puffer Fish

Thanks all for taking the time to read and post.

Best to each of you.

KL License #2157
post #23 of 25 Old 06-03-2014, 12:33 AM
Puffer Fish with some spikes

I also agree with the ginger. I used to race keelboats, and we hit some big swells. Never bothered me, but the helmsman swore by it and and drank ginger ale like a trooper (well, it had dark rum in it too, but I digress ) so yeah! Dark and stormies work great, there's a reason they're named that!

"Why pay $100 on a therapy session when you can spend $25 on a cigar? Whatever it is will come back; so what, smoke another one." Raul Julia

post #24 of 25 Old 06-11-2014, 11:18 PM
Full grown Puffer Fish

I had motion sickness bad when I was a kiddy, but every time my grosvater Klaus took us out on his boat he would make me drink some Jagermeister when I was feeling ill. It worked like a charm. I researched it and found out that Jager was originally folk medicine used to treat many different things. I have no idea if Jager treats motion sickness, but my grandpappy definitely thought so. Then again, he followed much of the old German ways so it could easily be the placebo effect of me thinking it works xD

"Most men today cannot conceive of a freedom that does not involve somebody's slavery." W.E.B. Du Bois
post #25 of 25 Old 06-12-2014, 02:00 AM
Present and Accounted

Ginger didn't work for me. I don't feel it too bad, but it can get me on a boat or working on my back like under a sink, and I feel it for a up to a week afterwards. This last time, regular dramimine worked for me to keep the swirly feeling at bay.

GF gets it pretty bad and swears by dramimine, perfect for a plane trip where she can sleep anyways.

There are many different pathways a drug can work to help motion sickness. Check out this list: Antiemetic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Interesting that ginger would be the only non-prescription method to use the 5-HT3 receptor antagonist pathway, most of the OTC drugs are antihistamines.

Also didn't realize that dramimine is just benadryl with a stimulant added to it to make it a little less drowsy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page