3Likes
  • 1 Post By Cigary
  • 1 Post By Cigary
  • 1 Post By IWRD2018

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 05-30-2016, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Newbie in the ocean

Coming to America.

Travelling to the US very soon from Australia. Can somebody please advise where would be the best value place to pick up a nice box of Toranos from one of the following locations: LAX Airport, Atlanta or Las Vegas? Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-30-2016, 05:12 PM
Director of Sarcasm

Location: I live in two different states....Confusion and Disoriented.

I live in the Atlanta area and there are tons of places to get your cigars...depends on where you are staying. Toranos are fairly easy to get but don't buy them at LAX..waste of money. If anything if you are staying at a predetermined place for a few days.....buy them on the Internet and have them delivered to your hotel/destination under your name and the address. BTW...welcome to Puff.
curmudgeonista likes this.

Busting balls since 1954.
My Indian Name...Lives For Cigars
post #3 of 8 Old 05-30-2016, 05:14 PM
CAT WRANGLER

Welcome.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin

post #4 of 8 Old 05-31-2016, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Newbie in the ocean

Thanks for the welcome, and the advice. I was hoping to do exactly that, purchase online and have it delivered to my hotel. Unfortunately the couple of sites I looked at required using an online age verification valid for US residents only. Cigary; could you please recommend a good store around Buckhead area for me to visit? Thanks Mate.
post #5 of 8 Old 05-31-2016, 06:12 PM
Just monkeyin' around!

Several worthwhile cigar shops in Buckhead

La Casa Del Tabaco
Buckhead Cigar
Davidoff
Scottish Tobacco

I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time. - Mark Twain
post #6 of 8 Old 07-03-2018, 10:51 AM
No longer a community member.

And to follow up:

I am thinking of coming to the USA in september for a week or 3 for some r&r BUT...i don't know anything regarding smoking laws in the USA as in:

-Am i to smoke a cigar on the street while walking around/looking at windows etc.
-Am i allowed to smoke a cigar on a terrace in the city?
-Am i allowed to smoke in a park or anywhere in the open except inside buildings and busses of course.

Please define as in city's or states who have a total ban for cigar smoking outside your own home cause wouldn't like to lit up a cigar after a fine meal outside on a terrace and hear: "Sir that is not allowed."

Oh yeah.. i like sitting outside instead of inside.
post #7 of 8 Old 07-03-2018, 11:48 AM
Director of Sarcasm

Location: I live in two different states....Confusion and Disoriented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWRD2018 View Post
And to follow up:

I am thinking of coming to the USA in september for a week or 3 for some r&r BUT...i don't know anything regarding smoking laws in the USA as in:

-Am i to smoke a cigar on the street while walking around/looking at windows etc.
-Am i allowed to smoke a cigar on a terrace in the city?
-Am i allowed to smoke in a park or anywhere in the open except inside buildings and busses of course.

Please define as in city's or states who have a total ban for cigar smoking outside your own home cause wouldn't like to lit up a cigar after a fine meal outside on a terrace and hear: "Sir that is not allowed."

Oh yeah.. i like sitting outside instead of inside.
Trust me...there will be more than enough signage where you won't have to guess where you can or can't smoke. Hotels....NO....Restaurants....NO.....outside is fine as long as you don't see a sign prohibiting it. If you can't read the sign then some long-suffering citizen will be sure to yell and scream profanities in your direction and wave their hands back and forth as if to say.....they are choking to death. I usually respond with two words....huh...whauah?
Scotchpig likes this.

Busting balls since 1954.
My Indian Name...Lives For Cigars
post #8 of 8 Old 07-03-2018, 02:44 PM
No longer a community member.

Ah...thanks for that last example cause overhere in the Netherlands we tend to have these (as i call them) victimized millennials who tend to play the 'victim' card or lecture you about health issues or even the law.

And regarding the law: i tend to know that pretty well to be impressed by their mumbo jumbo.

I always tend to look them straight in the face to let them know: "Today is not a good day to piss me off lady/guy." The ones who tend to get into a verbal exchange with me mostly get bombarded with a sharp reply regarding their way of trying to censor me in my right to smoke a cigar on a terrace. Luckily those are only a few once a while who try.

For the record: Most terraces i visit in my home country know me already as a frequent guest of the good life wich means for them: When i am in, there is money to be made, more then the average millennial customer with their cheap wine or mint tea they tend to do an hour with , while being very busy with their random bs talk and social media post.

But thanks for the answer, gives me an idea how to do what and what to expect.
Rabidawise likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page