Relocation not exactly travel but. - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 11-05-2016, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
No longer a community member.

Relocation not exactly travel but.

Have you ever consider moving to another State, or Country. Me I always want to be close to a VA Facility.

Have consider Texas, MS, WV, or KY because lower cost of living in general.

Anyone else thing of trying a new home?

Lived in FL as a child & but the bugs and humity were a problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 11-05-2016, 08:53 PM
Walking Contradiction

Yep, before I kick the bucket I want to get out of commiefornia so my rifles won't become property of the state when I die (thanks to new laws taking effect January 1st)

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -Plato

"Only the dead have seen the end or war." - Plato
post #3 of 13 Old 11-05-2016, 08:58 PM
Doh!

Sure. I was born and raised in Tennessee. Now I'm raising a family in Colorado. If nothing is holding you down, live life to the fullest. That will mean something different to everyone.

post #4 of 13 Old 11-05-2016, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerguy1584 View Post
Yep, before I kick the bucket I want to get out of commiefornia so my rifles won't become property of the state when I die (thanks to new laws taking effect January 1st)

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -Plato

That is total nonsense, but I understand just owning a firarm in Kalifornia is a pain in the behind. Friend owner a small sporting good store in Berney, CA. He had hand gun in his safe he could not sell locally, could not send out of state to another FFL, they were dead inventory he had to live with. Because they were on a list of restricted handguns.
post #5 of 13 Old 11-06-2016, 12:05 AM
CAT WRANGLER

I've never traveled. Went on 2 day "vacation" once to ocean city 20 years ago. Rhon says two days is not a vacation. But it's as close as I've ever came to a vacation.
Never had the urge to go anywhere. I do have friends that travel often. I have friends that are pilots and try to get me on a plane. No thanks. So I have the opportunity just not the urge. I'm quite content where I am.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Pag#11 likes this.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
post #6 of 13 Old 11-07-2016, 02:20 PM
The Karate Squid

Never. I live in one of the most mild climates in America. I don't want to move to one of those places where they have... what do you all them... the horrible weather, and the extreme... oh, seasons. Right, I don't want to move where they have seasons.

My grandparents lived on the east coast, and they'd get 100* days with 95% humidity, and then 5 feet of snow in winter.

For me, the difference is whether I wear a jacket with my shorts between summer and winter.

Also, I couldn't not live near a major body of water. When you spend your whole life a few blocks from water, being landlocked just feels so suffocating somehow. Don't know how to describe it.

Puff.com Rules - Please don't PM me for Cuban sources
post #7 of 13 Old 11-07-2016, 05:22 PM

I was born in Albuquerque and my family eventually moved to the D.C. suburbs in Virginia, then to Winston-Salem North Carolina and finally St. Louis, MO, where I spent most of my time as a kid.

After graduating college, I lived in a tiny town in Indiana and then moved to Wichita.

I've never travelled abroad, although I'm trying to plan a backpacking trip or perhaps some volunteer work upon graduation. I'd love to visit northern Europe, Asia and South and Central America.

I have enjoyed vacations to Los Angeles and NYC (I have a brother living in each), many places in TX (San Antonio is my favorite), beach towns in North Carolina, beach towns on the gulf side of Florida, summers in rural Utah with my grandparents, Memphis, Omaha, and Kansas City. Me and my girlfriend are now saving up for a trip to New Orleans in the spring.

I don't want to live in Wichita after I graduate from grad school. It's just too small for my liking. But the job opportunities might keep me here for a bit longer.

I think travel expands your mind. There's a really big world out there and we're just a tiny, inconsequential part of it.
post #8 of 13 Old 11-16-2016, 02:45 PM
Win
Full grown Puffer Fish

I spent 60 years in NJ, we had a good life and traveled a bit. Then in 2003 I visited Utah for the second time, I was SOLD!! We moved here 11 years ago and never looked back. In NJ we spent a lot of time on our boat, fishing and cruising from NJ to MA., once I got to the desert I found I didn't really miss the ocean.

I'm 72 and still work, I have a sales job where I work from home, no stress!! On weekends we go to the desert or mountains to explore, either on foot or by Jeep. Both my brother and best friend moved here over the last 1 1/2 years, they call me the "pioneer".
curmudgeonista likes this.
post #9 of 13 Old 12-29-2016, 02:55 AM

Hey,
I had never in my life considered relocating to a new place. But, I had to. I was staying in Texa, but I got a better opportunity in Canada, so relocated to this place, and I am glad I made this decision, because I am loving things here, and it’s actually cool to be part of a new culture, and things had become more easier because we had hired professional movers for relocation. I am loving this new life here, and if you have any such plans too, I would recommend you to go ahead, initially, it might be a bit difficult for you, but later, things will get better. That’s my experience.!!
post #10 of 13 Old 12-29-2016, 05:48 PM
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

As a kid I lived in Halifax, Nova Scotia. As an adult, I live in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory. Do Google maps to see how far that is to drive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page