Where to get best cruise tickets to Cuba? - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 Old 08-09-2018, 07:46 PM Thread Starter
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Where to get best cruise tickets to Cuba?

Im thinking of planning a Cuban cruise for my wife of course. Im wondering if any of you guys have any inside knowledge on who or where to get good deals on tickets. And what to look for when purchasing. Id like the cruise to leave out of Texas if possible. Not sure if that is realistic or not.

Wasnt sure where to post this question. So if it needs to be moved please do mods.

Sent from the poor-shack!
Rabidawise likes this.

This is NOT a message board where you come to leave your matzah balls hanging out and then walk around with an entitled attitude. Cigary 2018
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 Old 08-09-2018, 10:17 PM
Director of Sarcasm

Location: I live in two different states....Confusion and Disoriented.

Will post this in the Travel Forum....my wife and myself are going to do this cruise and the best one I see is on the Empress of The Seas with RCCL. I've sailed on this ship before as it is a smaller one but its something that is fine esp since you'd have two full days in Havana....here's the link. https://www.cruisecritic.com/ports/newport.cfm?ID=474

There is also another cruise ( 4 night ) on the same ship that goes to Key West and Havana and returns to Miami.....this is a really good one that gives you 2 great ports of call but they both originate from Miami and AFAIK.....no cruises to Cuba from Texas.

Southwest is a good airlines and cheap to get from your place to Miami R/T. Maybe we could meet up with you and grab some local tobacco....a friend of mine tells me that renting a
Cadillac convertible is $30 for 2 hours and as many people that you can fit into the car.....the local drivers know the best places for cigars. It's a coin toss for the 4 night or 5 night cruise and both run around a shade over $400 p/p.

Here's a link from a company I use quite a bit that gives all of the cruise lines that go to Cuba.....I use them because they have consistently good pricing AND you get Cruise Cash back depending on the cabin you choose. https://book.bestpricecruises.com/we.../results.aspx?

There are longer cruises available but the pricing tends to move up as well....a 4 night cruise sounds the best as you can fly into Miami...hit the area for 2 nights and visit a lot of Cigar places in S. MIami and then get on your ship and finish your vacation in style. With your G/F that means you can bring back quite a few cigars according to law.
Rondo likes this.

Busting balls since 1954.
My Indian Name...Lives For Cigars
post #3 of 36 Old 08-09-2018, 10:29 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

Hope you guys don't mind me jumping on board. When do we leave. I will even pay for the Caddie. @GOT14U @Cigary.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Cigary likes this.

post #4 of 36 Old 08-10-2018, 01:24 AM
Leading Puffer Fish

The wife wants to do either a cruise like this, or to do a trip down and just stay in an AirBnB... Ill be watching this thread
Cigary, Ewood and Pag#11 like this.

-Aaron
post #5 of 36 Old 08-10-2018, 02:07 AM
Director of Sarcasm

This will be a "bucketlist" thing next year...those interested need to get with me and we can make plans ....Key West is a blast.....Havana will be even better. As there is a time element and those who really would be interested I'll post more details and info....tag this thread and we can make plans cuz I am definite about this trip. Girlfriends, wives, etc. would make it memorable...no MIL's...no children as this would be adults only unless the kids are 18 and over...sorry. I've done at least 20 cruises...I know the ins and outs of cruises and will answer any qustions and give tips as to guarantee a great time. I've sailed on just about every line...from 3-21 day cruises...all over the world and know every secret and tips to save you money...time...."how tos" etc.
Even Jimmy Buffet would sanction this!
Jankjr and Pag#11 like this.

post #6 of 36 Old 08-10-2018, 03:25 AM
Doh!

Sounds good go me. Wife and I are very interested
Cigary likes this.

Can I get some plume please? Need some plume over here
post #7 of 36 Old 08-10-2018, 08:20 AM
Leading Puffer Fish

Price really fluctuates depending on the time of year.

post #8 of 36 Old 08-10-2018, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigary View Post
Will post this in the Travel Forum....my wife and myself are going to do this cruise and the best one I see is on the Empress of The Seas with RCCL. I've sailed on this ship before as it is a smaller one but its something that is fine esp since you'd have two full days in Havana....here's the link. https://www.cruisecritic.com/ports/newport.cfm?ID=474

There is also another cruise ( 4 night ) on the same ship that goes to Key West and Havana and returns to Miami.....this is a really good one that gives you 2 great ports of call but they both originate from Miami and AFAIK.....no cruises to Cuba from Texas.

Southwest is a good airlines and cheap to get from your place to Miami R/T. Maybe we could meet up with you and grab some local tobacco....a friend of mine tells me that renting a
Cadillac convertible is $30 for 2 hours and as many people that you can fit into the car.....the local drivers know the best places for cigars. It's a coin toss for the 4 night or 5 night cruise and both run around a shade over $400 p/p.

Here's a link from a company I use quite a bit that gives all of the cruise lines that go to Cuba.....I use them because they have consistently good pricing AND you get Cruise Cash back depending on the cabin you choose. https://book.bestpricecruises.com/we.../results.aspx?

There are longer cruises available but the pricing tends to move up as well....a 4 night cruise sounds the best as you can fly into Miami...hit the area for 2 nights and visit a lot of Cigar places in S. MIami and then get on your ship and finish your vacation in style. With your G/F that means you can bring back quite a few cigars according to law.

Awesome, when are you thinking of going? Curious if our time line would work together. I guess I also need to think about the timing (summer, winter) Id think winter is better but not positive.

Pag#11 likes this.

This is NOT a message board where you come to leave your matzah balls hanging out and then walk around with an entitled attitude. Cigary 2018
post #9 of 36 Old 08-10-2018, 09:45 AM
Leading Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT14U View Post
Awesome, when are you thinking of going? Curious if our time line would work together. I guess I also need to think about the timing (summer, winter) Id think winter is better but not positive.

Pretty sure winter time quadruples the price. Every snowbird from Canada to NY is in Florida escaping the wraths of winter which = $$$$ for cruise ships.

Cigary likes this.
post #10 of 36 Old 08-10-2018, 01:08 PM
Director of Sarcasm

Typically best pricing for cruises is from Sept. after Labor Day to around Feb. Except for the week of Christmas and New Years.....and the week of Thanksgiving. The best dates are the week before Thanksgiving and after and the week before Christmas but the pricing is still really good from late Sept. going forward. Here's an example...my wife and will schedule a TransAtlantic Cruise from the US to Rome,,,,Barcelona....stay a week and then fly home one way. The A/F is really good based on the affiliate programs that come with the cruise line...we fly free on points but if you have to pay then the one way far is usually under $500 p/p. Our usual cost for a Balcony Cabin for a 21 day cruise on a good cruise line is around $3300......that's for both of us! Catching the optimum time frame is where you are going to save tons of money and going to Cuba between Sept. and Dec. is probably the best time to go.,,,,there are some decent times to go from Jan. to March and at some point I'll post those but pricing changes pretty quickly and being able to travel during the optimum times is the way to go.

Committing to a time frame is hard when considering getting a group together so starting off is getting people to pin down a time frame.....I won't cruise anywhere from May to mid Sept. because the prices are insane and the industry knows they have a captive audience as far as vacations for people...everybody loves to go in the summertime but you'll pay double. The next thing is how long you can be away which is why I have the opinion of a 4 or 5 night cruise to allow getting to the port and getting back home...gives you time to explore the city you leave from. Cabins are another thing...consider that you won't be in your cabin except to sleep and clean up so Inside Cabins for a short cruise is the smart way to go unless u have money to throw around and while I have some money I don't like throwing it away. MORE LATER,,,,,,
TonyBrooklyn and Pag#11 like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page