Lake Ozark - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 12Likes
  • 2 Post By OneStrangeOne
  • 1 Post By Sine_Qua_Non
  • 2 Post By OneStrangeOne
  • 2 Post By Hickorynut
  • 2 Post By OneStrangeOne
  • 1 Post By OneStrangeOne
  • 2 Post By Sine_Qua_Non
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 01-30-2019, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
Retired Chaos Designer
 
OneStrangeOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,447
           
Lake Ozark

Itís looking like Iím gonna be in Lake Ozark Mo. for about a week, wondering if thereís any BotL in the area. Or if anyone knows of a lounge in the area?
cory1984 and Sine_Qua_Non like this.

If I see a stick that made a noob nic sick,I put it on my list as a must try. (UBC03)
OneStrangeOne is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 Old 01-31-2019, 01:18 AM
No longer a community member.
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 1,594
        
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneStrangeOne View Post
Itís looking like Iím gonna be in Lake Ozark Mo. for about a week, wondering if thereís any BotL in the area. Or if anyone knows of a lounge in the area?
Awesome place, I pretty much grew up there. I wish I had current info on the area, but I haven't been back there since I was 14 or so.

If you're into hiking at all, Ha Ha Tonka state park is pretty awesome. Might be a bit cold for it, though.
cory1984 likes this.
Sine_Qua_Non is offline  
post #3 of 10 Old 01-31-2019, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
Retired Chaos Designer
 
OneStrangeOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,447
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sine_Qua_Non View Post
Awesome place, I pretty much grew up there. I wish I had current info on the area, but I haven't been back there since I was 14 or so.

If you're into hiking at all, Ha Ha Tonka state park is pretty awesome. Might be a bit cold for it, though.
Yeah, I think the high temp yesterday was supposed to be like 9 or so. This is gonna be pretty much a working trip.
A buddy of mine has a couple of cabins heís been rebuilding and somehow I let him talk me into driving up for a week.
Iím hoping I can find a lounge of some sort so that maybe I can get in an evening smoke.
I spent a couple of months there one summer but thatís been 15-16 years ago,
cory1984 and Sine_Qua_Non like this.

If I see a stick that made a noob nic sick,I put it on my list as a must try. (UBC03)
OneStrangeOne is offline  
 
post #4 of 10 Old 02-01-2019, 02:46 PM
H.R. Pufnstuf
 
Hickorynut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: NE GA ~25 minutes from Athens
Posts: 5,661
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneStrangeOne View Post
Yeah, I think the high temp yesterday was supposed to be like 9 or so. This is gonna be pretty much a working trip.

A buddy of mine has a couple of cabins heís been rebuilding and somehow I let him talk me into driving up for a week.

Iím hoping I can find a lounge of some sort so that maybe I can get in an evening smoke.

I spent a couple of months there one summer but thatís been 15-16 years ago,
Hey, maybe you can work on your ice skating technique?

Sent from: Bubba's Shine Palace...BYOJ...
cory1984 and Sine_Qua_Non like this.

....that's almost like flying on a plane with one wing. ~Cigary
Hickorynut is offline  
post #5 of 10 Old 02-01-2019, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Retired Chaos Designer
 
OneStrangeOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,447
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickorynut View Post
Hey, maybe you can work on your ice skating technique?

Sent from: Bubba's Shine Palace...BYOJ...
Thatís what Iím afraid of! LoL
cory1984 and Hickorynut like this.

If I see a stick that made a noob nic sick,I put it on my list as a must try. (UBC03)
OneStrangeOne is offline  
post #6 of 10 Old 04-05-2019, 01:43 PM
Puffer Fish with some spikes
 
cory1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Salem, OR
Posts: 223
      
Wish I would have seen this sooner (you've probably already made the trip), I lived in Lake Ozark and the surrounding area for a number of years. I can't point you to a lounge, but I will say there are some bars that will still allow you to smoke inside in that area. As far as tobacco goes, I used to make trips down to Springfield to Just For Him specifically for that purpose. JFH has a great lounge, with different sections for pipe smokers and cigar smokers. There is also a flea market called Richard's Relic Shack on the dam in Lake Ozark, if you like digging through junk and seeing weird things, this would be a fun place to visit. The owner is a pipe smoker himself and SOMETIMES has an estate pipe or two laying around, along with some OTC tobaccos (H&H, CB, Etc). Sorry I can't be more help with the lounge recommendations.
cory1984 is offline  
post #7 of 10 Old 04-05-2019, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Retired Chaos Designer
 
OneStrangeOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,447
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by cory1984 View Post
Wish I would have seen this sooner (you've probably already made the trip), I lived in Lake Ozark and the surrounding area for a number of years. I can't point you to a lounge, but I will say there are some bars that will still allow you to smoke inside in that area. As far as tobacco goes, I used to make trips down to Springfield to Just For Him specifically for that purpose. JFH has a great lounge, with different sections for pipe smokers and cigar smokers. There is also a flea market called Richard's Relic Shack on the dam in Lake Ozark, if you like digging through junk and seeing weird things, this would be a fun place to visit. The owner is a pipe smoker himself and SOMETIMES has an estate pipe or two laying around, along with some OTC tobaccos (H&H, CB, Etc). Sorry I can't be more help with the lounge recommendations.
Turned out there WAS a lounge about a quarter mile from where we were staying looked like they either shut down for the winter or went out of business. It wouldnít surprise me if I ended back up there sometime this summer for a couple weeks.

If I see a stick that made a noob nic sick,I put it on my list as a must try. (UBC03)
OneStrangeOne is offline  
post #8 of 10 Old 04-05-2019, 03:25 PM
Puffer Fish with some spikes
 
cory1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Salem, OR
Posts: 223
      
Seem to be how things go in that area. Lots of new businesses come and go, and nearly everything goes dormant during the off season.

"Tobacco is my favorite vegetable." - Frank Zappa
cory1984 is offline  
post #9 of 10 Old 04-05-2019, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
Retired Chaos Designer
 
OneStrangeOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,447
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by cory1984 View Post
Seem to be how things go in that area. Lots of new businesses come and go, and nearly everything goes dormant during the off season.
Yeah, we actually ended up in Osage Beach on that trip, population of about 6000 permanent residents and close to half a million in the summer.
cory1984 likes this.

If I see a stick that made a noob nic sick,I put it on my list as a must try. (UBC03)
OneStrangeOne is offline  
post #10 of 10 Old 04-05-2019, 11:39 PM
No longer a community member.
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 1,594
        
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneStrangeOne View Post
Yeah, we actually ended up in Osage Beach on that trip, population of about 6000 permanent residents and close to half a million in the summer.
Ha, that's exactly where my mother and maternal grandparents still live. I attended Camdenton Middle school for 7th grade and Osage Middle School for 8th. It really does shrink down to bare bones in the off season, but we liked it that way, especially after the hectic summers.
cory1984 and OneStrangeOne like this.
Sine_Qua_Non is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome