Headed to Nashville for our anniversary - Page 3 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 31 Old 07-25-2019, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
No longer a community member.

Well the wife wants to do the Broadway thing, so sometimes you gotta suck it up.
Olecharlie and Rabidawise like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 Old 07-25-2019, 06:25 PM
‾‾°‾°‾Ō‾°‾°‾‾

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peapaw View Post
Well the wife wants to do the Broadway thing, so sometimes you gotta suck it up.

Love music and broadway was a great experience for us. It was crowded but not so bad you couldn’t get around. It was a Sunday evening for us but I could imagine it gets worse on Friday and Saturday. The price of parking downtown was crazy high. We stayed at the clarion hotel and they had a shuttle that dropped you off and picked you up at 1st and broadway. Great hotel and price was decent. We had other things to do so we paid the price to park. I need to go back and revisit Ole Red. Kid rocks place was by far the loudest of them all.
Olecharlie and Peapaw like this.

Only a little bit, I was able to get it in the truck without a forklift,,, - OneStrangeOne
post #23 of 31 Old 07-27-2019, 09:45 AM Thread Starter

Life happened and we didn't get in town until dark last night.
Olecharlie likes this.

post #24 of 31 Old 07-27-2019, 10:31 AM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travoline View Post
HA You are 15 years to late for that. All of Nashville is now over crowded.

Go somewhere else?!?!?!

In all seriousness, if you do not like crowds avoid downtown/Broadway at any time. It is packed nonstop, I have to navigate the tourists a couple of times a week for work. Downtown is also full of drunk woo girls visiting for bachelorette parties. You will know what a "woo girl" is the moment you see/hear them.

@Olecharlie threw out some good ideas. Grand Ole Opry, Ryman Auditorium, country Music Hall of Fame is what most everyone thinks about Nashville and reasonably so. [/FONT]

Casa de Montecristo is a great place, but with it being in the Gulch you might have to suffer through a crowd. But I do not really like crowds and this place is worth it.
I like this place also, but what he is trying to say is it is in East Nasvhille, very hipster-esqu you could say. But fantastic selection of craft beer and even PBR is you want it. There is also a FANTSTIC burger place right down the street from there. The Pharmacy Burger Parlor and Beer Garden, good burgers, beer, phosphates, shakes, homemade sodas. Fantastic place!

Exactly, talked my wife into stoping by there once, we sit outside and she had a couple puffs off my stogie, for the one and only time! She grew up in Portugal so she said her Professors smoked cigars and pipes in class and she always enjoyed the smell! Ahh the good old days! Maybe we can get a Herf together in the fall at the Gulch...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Peapaw likes this.

US Army Veteran 1974-1985
post #25 of 31 Old 07-27-2019, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olecharlie View Post
Exactly, talked my wife into stoping by there once, we sit outside and she had a couple puffs off my stogie, for the one and only time! She grew up in Portugal so she said her Professors smoked cigars and pipes in class and she always enjoyed the smell! Ahh the good old days! Maybe we can get a Herf together in the fall at the Gulch...

I think our plan is to head to Broadway this morning and see if there is anything we want to brave the crowds for tonight and Probably stop by the lounge when it opens.
post #26 of 31 Old 07-27-2019, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Maybe we can get a Herf together in the fall at the Gulch...

Probably the easiest way to plan it is you pick a time that is good for you and I can plan around it, as long as it's not a major holiday it'll be good.
post #27 of 31 Old 07-27-2019, 11:29 AM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote:
I think our plan is to head to Broadway this morning and see if there is anything we want to brave the crowds for tonight and Probably stop by the lounge when it opens.
Burgers and Burbon is just across the street if you want to grab a burger before hitting the Gulch Casa de montecristo...
Wife’s fever broke and she was up for breakfast first time since Dr visit. Sorry we couldn’t meet up today. I would stay away from downtown after midnight. Certain sections get a little crazy IMHO. Nashville is a great place but we’ve had our share of violence after midnight.
Peapaw likes this.

post #28 of 31 Old 07-27-2019, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Burgers and Burbon is just across the street if you want to grab a burger before hitting the Gulch Casa de montecristo...

Wife’s fever broke and she was up for breakfast first time since Dr visit. Sorry we couldn’t meet up today. I would stay away from downtown after midnight. Certain sections get a little crazy IMHO. Nashville is a great place but we’ve had our share of violence after midnight.
Glad she's feeling better...

Is there a decent, not hyper crowded blues lounge in the gulch?
Olecharlie likes this.
post #29 of 31 Old 07-27-2019, 12:36 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote:
Glad she's feeling better...

Is there a decent, not hyper crowded blues lounge in the gulch?

BB Kings on 2nd Ave, probably no live music until the evening. Not sure how good it is. Everything is going to probably be crowded. Not aware of one in the Gulch but it’s crowded as well on weekends.

Peapaw likes this.

post #30 of 31 Old 07-27-2019, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
BB Kings on 2nd Ave, probably no live music until the evening. Not sure how good it is. Everything is going to probably be crowded. Not aware of one in the Gulch but it’s crowded as well on weekends.

We found BB's just wondering if there was anything else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page