Paris and London - Page 2 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 Old 08-17-2019, 02:02 PM
Maturing Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigary View Post
Watch out for "warm beer......they like their beer at tepid temps....blecccchhh! Who likes warm beer for Gods sake?
"Cellar cool" temps enhance the taste of good beers like they proudly produce in Europe, as opposed to the BudMillerCoors horsepi$z we have here which you must drink with frozen taste buds or you'll be sorry.

Besides imported beers, there are some very good domestic craft beers, have been for decades. You know, the ones you WANT to taste.
BobP likes this.

I may not be Doc, but I wear his hat in the winter.
My summer hat is Col. WB Travis'. Ain't him either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 Old 08-17-2019, 02:34 PM
No longer a community member.

"celler cool" is also around 50° despite common misconceptions.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
post #13 of 21 Old 08-20-2019, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Puffer Fish with some spikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaco_ View Post
"Cellar cool" temps enhance the taste of good beers like they proudly produce in Europe, as opposed to the BudMillerCoors horsepi$z we have here which you must drink with frozen taste buds or you'll be sorry.

Besides imported beers, there are some very good domestic craft beers, have been for decades. You know, the ones you WANT to taste.
So far I tried a few local beers and not impressed. But Even though Englishmen do like to drink beer I think the best beers are from other European countries like Germany, Belgium, etc
Flaco_ likes this.

post #14 of 21 Old 08-20-2019, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

So far I visited 3 places in London that cell cigars: James J Fox in Harrod’s and Sautter cigars in the same vicinity and Ritz cigar lounge

James Fox is an excellent store. Very modern looking.Selection of ccs is amazing, service is also top notch but pricing is not for the timid!!! What really stands out about them is their ventilation system in the lounge. It’s a one of a kind system made in Switzerland if I remember correctly. It has a million little air vents in the floor that somehow circulate the air in a way that is almost magical. If you are smoking a cigar and someone is about a foot from you they will not smell anything at all. Also you can spend a whole day in that lounge (which is quite small) and your clothes will smell of what ever they smelled when you walked in and not a pick up any odors at all.

Sautter has a decent selection but not on a level of James Fox. Atmosphere is much more classical in a London type of way. They do have a few regional and Reserva items in stock but you need to ask as not everything is on display. They also have a custom blend that is made specifically for them by a Cuban master roller

Ritz lounge is for anyone who wants to go back in time and pretend that they are Sir Churchill for a few hours. You are treated like royalty or at least a high ranking aristocrat and the whole place has a feel of a high end social club, and since pricing is not even displayed my guess is you need a fat stack. Selection is limited and very high end. They also have a few blends that are made specifically for them and come in their own humidor that is impeccably crafted and decorated.

Tomorrow I hope to visit the original James J Fox - which I am told is like a cigar museum, Davidoff and Dunhill which are all conveniently located within 100 or so feet of each other on St James street
UBC03 likes this.
post #15 of 21 Old 08-20-2019, 07:03 PM
Maturing Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by CgarDann View Post
So far I tried a few local beers and not impressed. But Even though Englishmen do like to drink beer I think the best beers are from other European countries like Germany, Belgium, etc
Some truth there, especially about the Belgian and German beers.
But you should really try some of the better British beers and not just what everyone is drinking. And if you can find it, DO try McEwan's Scottish (or Scotch) ale. I assume they still brew it--used to be my fave until they quit importing it into the USA. Too alcohol strong for our delicate little sensibilities, maybe. 8% ABV is all, so maybe it just got unprofitable to import here.

I may not be Doc, but I wear his hat in the winter.
My summer hat is Col. WB Travis'. Ain't him either.
post #16 of 21 Old 08-24-2019, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

Final day in London allowed me to visit 2 of the best cigar establishments on this trip.

Dunhill shop on st James street was just ok - so I will leave it that

Davidoff was amazing: great selection some of the more rare ccs that you can find including Cohiba grand reservas. Of course the pricing is very high. Service is unbelievable so I highly recommend at least a visit there.

The last stop was the best. Original James Fox store has a royal family endorsement for a very good reason. It has been there for quite a long time has an amazing selection and a beautiful lounge where you get complimentary coffee service to enjoy your cigars. And perhaps the crown jewel of the store is its cigar museum on the lower level complete with centuries old cigar exhibits complete with the chair which belonged in its lounge specifically mean for Sir Churchill himself.

Once again service is awesome and selection is unbelievable : ex they have grand reservas, some of the rarest ccs you can think off including Davidoff dom Perignon from 1970s

Honestly I was lost for words.

Some cigar **** to follow !!!!

Smoke what you like - Like what you smoke
post #17 of 21 Old 08-24-2019, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Enjoy

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0439.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	256650  

Name:	IMG_0442.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	256670  

Name:	IMG_0438.JPG
Size:	901.3 KB
ID:	256674  

Name:	IMG_0443.jpg
Size:	794.2 KB
ID:	256680  

Kidvegas likes this.

post #18 of 21 Old 08-24-2019, 12:39 PM
CAT WRANGLER

Thanks for the pics

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
post #19 of 21 Old 08-24-2019, 07:49 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

Yes thank you for sharing!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #20 of 21 Old 08-25-2019, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

James Fox museum in London

UBC03 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page