Paris and London - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 08-10-2019, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
Puffer Fish with some spikes

Paris and London

Will be traveling for the next few weeks. Paris and London are primary destinations.

If anyone knows of a must visit lounge or store there please let me know. Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 08-10-2019, 07:40 PM
CAT WRANGLER

No advice.. post some pics. I never go any where but it's nice to travel vicariously through yunz guys

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
MattT, Flaco_, zcziggy and 1 others like this.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
post #3 of 21 Old 08-10-2019, 08:33 PM
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

This might be useful, as i'm not familiar with the area.

https://www.cigars-connect.com/where-to-smoke-in-paris/

"Kerosene is fuel Brian, Red Bull is fuel. Kerosene is Red Bull." ~ Peter Griffin

post #4 of 21 Old 08-10-2019, 09:29 PM
Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Be prepared to drop some money, but I would highly suggest James J. Fox of London. Don't show up in shorts and a T-shirt. I have been there a few times and it is always enjoyable. Nice quiet, elegant place for a highend smoking experience.

Scratch that. Was just on the pipe smoking club of London site and they say that the Aug meeting is cancelled because JJ Fox lunge is under construction work. Might email them to ask about the status during your planned visit.

Hunt Hard, Kill Swiftly, Waste Nothing, Offer No Apologies...
post #5 of 21 Old 08-10-2019, 10:20 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by CgarDann View Post
Will be traveling for the next few weeks. Paris and London are primary destinations.

If anyone knows of a must visit lounge or store there please let me know. Thanks in advance

Enjoy your trip, catch a train to Italy, Spain and Portugal if time allows. I have a friend with a home in Tuscany that just left Tuesday, returning October 8th. I Luv the hill country in Toledo Spain... high speed train ride 3hrs from France.
Cigary likes this.

US Army Veteran 1974-1985
post #6 of 21 Old 08-11-2019, 01:45 AM
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olecharlie View Post
Enjoy your trip, catch a train to Italy, Spain and Portugal if time allows. I have a friend with a home in Tuscany that just left Tuesday, returning October 8th. I Luv the hill country in Toledo Spain... high speed train ride 3hrs from France.
Toledo Spain, Toledo Ohio. Potato, Potatoe. Right?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
jmt8706 likes this.

"If at first you don't succeed...quit trying and just wing it...." @UBC03
post #7 of 21 Old 08-11-2019, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

[Be prepared to drop some money, but I would highly suggest James J. Fox of London.]

I was told by a few others about this place. So I will be sure to stop by anyways as I have a feeling my wife will be dragging me to Harrods anyways. So if am in luck and the lounge is open there could be a diplomatic solution where we both get to have fun. LOL
post #8 of 21 Old 08-12-2019, 03:02 PM
Director of Sarcasm

Location: I live in two different states....Confusion and Disoriented.

Take a buttload of money when visiting London....hotels are expensive so if you have POINTS on a major card or belong to Marriott, etc. use your Points/Cash as that will save you a ton. Research trains and subways...renting a car is useless and not worth squat....get an Oyster Card...it's like a drop off/drop off and we've done this in France, Spain, Italy and you save a ton of money. There is enough info as to what lounges for smoking, etc...just do a bit of Googling. Here's a tip as well....Fish and Chips are not wonderful in London.....you have to research that, too. Some Pubs serve it so greasy one could lube the rail system with what they have at the end of the day. Watch out for "warm beer......they like their beer at tepid temps....blecccchhh! Who likes warm beer for Gods sake?

Busting balls since 1954.
My Indian Name...Lives For Cigars
post #9 of 21 Old 08-16-2019, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

Here is a report on Paris

There are 2 shops in the center that are considered the best: A la Civette du Palais Royal | Paris and Le Lotus

First I visited la Civette: good selection of ccs no lounge though. When I asked the person manning the humidor about any regional releases or Reservas I was told they donít carry any. Next I looked around the humidor and saw that there were a few cigars with a cracked foot - to me a clear sign of overhumidification as the that also was the impression I got from the feel of the humidor air quality. So I bought a few lower end sticks just to see if that was the case. I also asked for a small boveda pack but was told that they only have large ones and the started at rh72 and went up from there. Not a good sign. In the next few days I smoked the cigars I bought and they were in fact overhumidified as the flavor and burn issues were present in all of them. I will let you make your own deductions on this store

Yesterday finally made it to Le Lotus Well stocked but the only special stock they had was: QUAI DíORSAY Capitolio - 2018 Regional Edition for France. On a positive note all the cigars in the humidor looked like they were stored at a good rh. So I bought a few of these to try later on. No lounge either. Once I asked a few more questions I found out that France has only one Habanos distributor who makes one purchase a year around September October so any special releases would go to stores right after and chances are they would be sold by February at the latest.

One more caveat even these 2 stores are relatively small not more than 300sqft at best. And cigar lounges per se are not something you will readily find in Paris.

Today I just happened to grab some coffee with friends at the Park Hyatt hotel in their outside garden and was pleasantly surprised that they sell a nice selection of cigars that can be enjoyed right there. The one I got was excellent. I was also told that the same is true of Mandarin Oriental. I highly recommend visiting both if you are in town

Also learned of a new Rum that seems to pair very well with cigars: Diplomatico Reserva I looked it up and itís sold in US for a fairly decent price

Well thatís it for Paris off to London tomorrow morning. Will keep you updated on what I learn there.
Kidvegas likes this.
post #10 of 21 Old 08-16-2019, 09:16 PM

Sautter Cigars on Mount Street in Mayfair is a great shop. Love the area too, nice to walk around. Enjoy your trip!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page