Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

Puff Cigar Discussion Forums (https://www.puff.com/forums/vb/)
-   Travel Forum (https://www.puff.com/forums/vb/travel-forum/)
-   -   Lake Ozark (https://www.puff.com/forums/vb/travel-forum/280286-lake-ozark.html)

OneStrangeOne 01-30-2019 11:46 PM

Lake Ozark

Itís looking like Iím gonna be in Lake Ozark Mo. for about a week, wondering if thereís any BotL in the area. Or if anyone knows of a lounge in the area?

Sine_Qua_Non 01-31-2019 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneStrangeOne (Post 5561938)
Itís looking like Iím gonna be in Lake Ozark Mo. for about a week, wondering if thereís any BotL in the area. Or if anyone knows of a lounge in the area?

Awesome place, I pretty much grew up there. I wish I had current info on the area, but I haven't been back there since I was 14 or so. :vs_laugh:

If you're into hiking at all, Ha Ha Tonka state park is pretty awesome. Might be a bit cold for it, though.

OneStrangeOne 01-31-2019 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sine_Qua_Non (Post 5561966)
Awesome place, I pretty much grew up there. I wish I had current info on the area, but I haven't been back there since I was 14 or so. :vs_laugh:

If you're into hiking at all, Ha Ha Tonka state park is pretty awesome. Might be a bit cold for it, though.

Yeah, I think the high temp yesterday was supposed to be like 9 or so. This is gonna be pretty much a working trip.
A buddy of mine has a couple of cabins heís been rebuilding and somehow I let him talk me into driving up for a week.
Iím hoping I can find a lounge of some sort so that maybe I can get in an evening smoke.
I spent a couple of months there one summer but thatís been 15-16 years ago,

Hickorynut 02-01-2019 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneStrangeOne (Post 5562038)
Yeah, I think the high temp yesterday was supposed to be like 9 or so. This is gonna be pretty much a working trip.

A buddy of mine has a couple of cabins heís been rebuilding and somehow I let him talk me into driving up for a week.

Iím hoping I can find a lounge of some sort so that maybe I can get in an evening smoke.

I spent a couple of months there one summer but thatís been 15-16 years ago,

Hey, maybe you can work on your ice skating technique? [emoji23]

Sent from: Bubba's Shine Palace...BYOJ...

OneStrangeOne 02-01-2019 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hickorynut (Post 5562484)
Hey, maybe you can work on your ice skating technique? [emoji23]

Sent from: Bubba's Shine Palace...BYOJ...

Thatís what Iím afraid of! LoL

cory1984 04-05-2019 01:43 PM

Wish I would have seen this sooner (you've probably already made the trip), I lived in Lake Ozark and the surrounding area for a number of years. I can't point you to a lounge, but I will say there are some bars that will still allow you to smoke inside in that area. As far as tobacco goes, I used to make trips down to Springfield to Just For Him specifically for that purpose. JFH has a great lounge, with different sections for pipe smokers and cigar smokers. There is also a flea market called Richard's Relic Shack on the dam in Lake Ozark, if you like digging through junk and seeing weird things, this would be a fun place to visit. The owner is a pipe smoker himself and SOMETIMES has an estate pipe or two laying around, along with some OTC tobaccos (H&H, CB, Etc). Sorry I can't be more help with the lounge recommendations.

OneStrangeOne 04-05-2019 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cory1984 (Post 5591240)
Wish I would have seen this sooner (you've probably already made the trip), I lived in Lake Ozark and the surrounding area for a number of years. I can't point you to a lounge, but I will say there are some bars that will still allow you to smoke inside in that area. As far as tobacco goes, I used to make trips down to Springfield to Just For Him specifically for that purpose. JFH has a great lounge, with different sections for pipe smokers and cigar smokers. There is also a flea market called Richard's Relic Shack on the dam in Lake Ozark, if you like digging through junk and seeing weird things, this would be a fun place to visit. The owner is a pipe smoker himself and SOMETIMES has an estate pipe or two laying around, along with some OTC tobaccos (H&H, CB, Etc). Sorry I can't be more help with the lounge recommendations.

Turned out there WAS a lounge about a quarter mile from where we were staying looked like they either shut down for the winter or went out of business. It wouldnít surprise me if I ended back up there sometime this summer for a couple weeks.

cory1984 04-05-2019 03:25 PM

13 Attachment(s)
Seem to be how things go in that area. Lots of new businesses come and go, and nearly everything goes dormant during the off season.

OneStrangeOne 04-05-2019 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cory1984 (Post 5591284)
Seem to be how things go in that area. Lots of new businesses come and go, and nearly everything goes dormant during the off season.

Yeah, we actually ended up in Osage Beach on that trip, population of about 6000 permanent residents and close to half a million in the summer.

Sine_Qua_Non 04-05-2019 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneStrangeOne (Post 5591562)
Yeah, we actually ended up in Osage Beach on that trip, population of about 6000 permanent residents and close to half a million in the summer.

Ha, that's exactly where my mother and maternal grandparents still live. I attended Camdenton Middle school for 7th grade and Osage Middle School for 8th. It really does shrink down to bare bones in the off season, but we liked it that way, especially after the hectic summers.